Pageviews l

Sunday 8 March 2020

Remembering Winston

Today we remember Winston,  a beautiful Old English Sheepdog who crossed the Rainbow Bridge one week ago today. He was almost ten. Winston was the resident dog at Chez Winston, a wonderful home where Cooper and Spicy spent some time on many occasions. Winston was kind and loving. We called him the gentle giant. He was the first dog that Cooper met when we moved to Quebec in 2016. Winston was also smitten with Spicy. We have fond memories of this special pooch. Our hearts go out to Tracey and Mark. May you cherish the wonderful memories of Winston forever.

This past week was quiet. It's been that way lately. Must be the time of year. Our snow is evaporating rapidly. We are expecting a lot of rain Tuesday, not much snow in the long range forecast. Perhaps we are nearing the end of Winter. It feels like Spring though, especially today. It is mild, the sun is shinning and we moved the clocks forward.... a brighter evening tonight.

Russell is doing good although he went back to his doctor last week. He still has remnants of the flu from January. Nothing major but he wanted to reassure himself. As his doctor said, he has "incomplete remission" of this flu so he was put on another course of antibiotics. He already feels better. As for me, I'm good although I will also see my doctor tomorrow. I want some imaging done on my deltoid/shoulder. It's been 6 months now and not much has changed. It is a tad debilitating at times so we'll see what I can do about it.

Despite my arm injury, I still workout three times a week and thoroughly enjoy my classes. I have learned to work around the arm discomfort and my workouts are just as good. Having an injury shouldn't be an excuse for not doing something, my thought anyway. Tomorrow is the start of March Madness at Uniti Fitness. It will go on for 6 weeks. Not quite sure what it means other than the workouts will be slightly more intense (!?!) and something about getting the highest number of intensity points. Regardless, it will be fun! A little bit of a challenge prior to Barbados can't hurt!

That's my blog for today. I want to take this opportunity to wish every woman a Happy International Women's Day. Each of us is amazing in our own way.

Have a great week everyone!


Winston, Spicy and Cooper lounging on the deck at
Chez Winston. RIP Winston.

Cooper and Winston were good buddies.

Winston was smitten with the Spicy kitten.

Ahhh the good life, doggie style, on a sofa and Winston has
the Spicy girl next to him

Nose to nose in the snow at Chez Winston.

Winston looking at Spicy....I like you a lot!






1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Winston. It is very hard and so sad to loss a pet. Get well soon Russell. Good luck with your shoulder Anne.

    ReplyDelete