Pageviews l

Sunday 4 August 2019

August already?

Happy Sunday everyone! A gorgeous day and the cicada is singing non stop. It's hard to believe it's August though, June and July went by so quickly.

This past week was good and quiet. On Wednesday, I completed the rowing challenge, not a big deal but it was my goal and I did it. Glad it's behind me. The weather last week was great, some days were too hot for a walk but we enjoyed sitting out just the same. Cooper & Spicy are in and out of the house when it's too hot. Their choice and we know the sign: they both face the screen door, time to go in please!

Our grass in the front is a beautiful shade of brown, in the backyard it's not so bad. I must say we need rain badly. I don't remember when it last rained. The flower beds are doing good but I've had to water them quite a bit. Our VegTrug is still going, the cilantro is almost done but the chives, rosemary and basil are going strong.

Today marks 200 days since Russell had his total knee replacement.  When he had his last physio treatment some weeks ago, the physiotherapist told Russell that his recovery was textbook perfect. He couldn't ask for better range of motion and mobility. Well done Russell, the initial pain and discomfort were all worth it.

Cooper is still struggling with GI issues. We started him on another course of antibiotics yesterday for 10 days. We hope that whatever bacteria he is fighting will go away for good. He's not in any pain or anything, he is his usual self but his "output" is sloppy, has been for weeks, not normal. This makes for a lot of cleaning up, if you know what I mean. Not that we mind, we love him so, it's par for the course. It's just not fun for him I suppose. If nothing changes in 10 days, we will get an abdominal ultrasound done. We need to get to the bottom of this before our upcoming trip.

Spicy is doing well. She has adjusted to her heart medication, no issues. She's been a bit fussy at breakfast lately, don't think it's due to the medication. I hear her daughter Pepper is the same sometimes....a family trait for sure. So, I try to be creative and make breakfast fun.....I will even hand feed our little princess, once in a while. Call me nuts, that's OK! This morning though, Spicy said to me: I'm not hungry just yet mommy. I said no problem darling. So, she ate her breakfast a little later than usual, nothing wrong with that. As a result, I had to change the timing of her meds which must be taken two hours after meal but I can deal with that. As Russell keeps saying to me, "we're not launching a shuttle here, there is room for flexibility".... I know, he's totally right. I'm just so anal that way!

Otherwise, all is good with us. In 36 days, we're off to Scotland and Ireland, Scotland being the first leg of our trip. We are getting really excited. Today, we contacted a tour guide recommended by our friend Pat. We are planning a couple of day trips once we get to Ireland, in Cork and Dublin. More on this as we get closer to September.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a few pics taken this afternoon at the Vintage Car Show in Baie-D'Urfe....needless to say that our doggies were as much of a hit as the cars, if not more. Have a great week everyone!


Taking a little break in the shade at Fritz Farm while
attending the annual Vintage Car Show in Baie D'Urfe.

A lovely 1940 Cadillac.....a sexy curvaceous car.

1952 Cadillac Coupe de Ville...sweet!

A very yellow MG!

A Painted Lady butterfly on our purple cone flowers
in the back yard.

A sea of daisies.....

TV time means a nap before bed for Spicy
and Cooper unless they see a dog food commercial.

Spicy and Cooper on the back deck doing
what they do...on the look out for intruders.

1 comment: