Pageviews l

Sunday 18 August 2019

Three weeks and counting

Happy Sunday everyone! Another hot and humid day in the neighbourhood. We need rain badly. We had a few brief showers during the night on Friday but that's about it. I also would like to have a full day of rain so that I can get things done in the house.

Last week was uneventful except for the day I went to the dentist. It was supposed to be a quick appointment, to get my new permanent crown put it. Instead, I found myself being poked around as my dentist suspected an infection in the tooth that was to be crowned. That tooth had a root canal done in 2013 but it looks like the canal wasn't properly sealed. So, a root canal is on tap for this coming Tuesday. Then I get the new crown. Better deal with this before our trip. I don't mind root canals, but I mind having to keep my mouth open for too long which can lead to my jaw locking again. So, my dentist is warned....I will need breaks so that I can rest that jaw of mine. I need this like I need a hole in the head.

I'm still dealing with a rotator cuff issue in my left arm, so is Russell, in his right arm. What a fine pair we are! We are both doing our exercises to fix this but it's taking a while. Oh well, we could be dealing with worse issues.

In three weeks, we will be off to Edinburgh where we will spend two nights. Then on September 11, we will board the Belmond Royal Scotsman. We got a little reminder last week. We can't wait. I think it will be a trip of a lifetime. We truly are excited about visiting Scotland and Ireland.

Cooper & Spicy are doing well. Last week, we did a little training in the basement. I used the hoops that I got for them. They like to jump through them. We didn't do any work with the cones but we will this week, if time permits. Yesterday, Cooper was walking with a limp. It seemed to get worse as the day went on but he seems fine today. He may have jumped off the couch the wrong way. We're keeping an eye on it. His GI issues seem to have resolved. He's back on normal food now.

Yesterday,  I went to the Montreal Ribfest held in Pierrefonds and picked up three racks of ribs for dinner. We had our third annual pig fest with my brother. The ribs were so good and so tender. It was a fun night.

We are getting ready for my friend Eve's visit this coming Thursday. I will pick her up at the train station early afternoon. Then, we will both have a manicure at Spa Munari. It's always fun to do something girlie together. We look forward to seeing her and catching up. We go back a long way.

That's my blog for today. We're sitting out now, listening to good music. Our pooches are in the house, front room, watching the world go by. It's all good. I leave you with pics of our dogs but also a beautiful photo that Russell took of the many busy bees that we have. Have a great week everyone!




The honey bees are extra busy on the purple cones flowers
in the backyard...they are a joy to watch!

All aboard....the Belmond Royal Scotsman awaits.

Spicy and Cooper were quick to sniff out the ribs!

Can you find the Havanese nose? 

Cooper and Spicy love to share space...inseparable.
Spicy and Cooper 'hooped' doing their best sit stay.

The pooches in position,
looking for a BBQ licking.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing how close Spicy & Cooper have become.


    ReplyDelete