Pageviews l

Sunday 11 August 2019

It's beginning to look a lot like Scotland....

Happy Sunday everyone! A beautiful day and a wonderful Summer week ahead. Our weather is looking very promising, must take advantage of it....Russell just reminded me that Christmas is in 137 days. Go away Russell!

This past week was a good one. Cooper's new course of antibiotics is doing what it's supposed to do and he seems back to normal on all fronts. Tomorrow, we see our vet. We'll talk about next steps, if any. Spicy is also coming along for a wee check-up. They don't mind going to the vet, it is such a nice place and they like Dr. Stiles.

As you can see from the photos below, things are starting to look very Scottish in our home. Russell got himself a kilt with all the trimmings, and of course the Duncan tartan. He will be wearing the kilt during the two formal dinners on the Belmond Royal Scotsman. Yesterday, he did a dress rehearsal, and again today. He wanted to see how long it would take to get dressed. Today, it took 10 minutes. He's getting the hang of it. More photos in future blogs, this is just a preview. I must say that my husband looks very dapper in his kilt. As for me, I will be wearing a black dress that I bought for a Christmas party some 12 years ago. I wore it once. I got it somewhere in Yorkville, designed by Lida Baday, a Canadian designer. Simple but elegant, will nicely match the kilt.

Yesterday I met up with my friend Lillian for coffee at Le Marche de l'Ouest. Although we always have lots to talk about, we inevitably end up talking about our dogs. Lillian's Havanese is the lovely Blu-Belle. Cooper and I train with them during the training season. What we discovered yesterday though is that Blu-Belle's great grand-father is Cooper's dad, Mugs. How cools is it to find out that Cooper and BB are related in some ways. No wonder they both look gorgeous, Mugs was a beauty. After coffee, we went to our favorite store, Dollarama, and bought more cones for training. I now have a total of 60 cones. That should be enough for a while. This past week, I created a few new routines for Cooper. It doesn't take him long to catch on although each routine requires a few minutes of practices. I find myself having to be quite creative but that's the fun of it.

Last week was a reminder that another season is around the corner for two reasons: the Fall Mums are out at Loblaw, same time each year, never fails....and pre-season football started on TV. Yikes!

Not much else is new. I'm dealing with a rotator cuff issue. I saw my physiotherapist last Thursday, got some exercises to do.....oops forgot to do them today. Anyway, I need for this to go away before our trip. It is annoying and prevents me from doing any upper body workouts and many other things. The joy of getting older.

Today we had Auntie Lorraine over for lunch. We ate outside and it was lovely to see her again. This coming week is busy with all sorts of things. Next Saturday, it's Ribfest, yum! The week after, my friend Eve is coming over for a few days. Then we will start thinking about what to bring for our trip, which is four weeks today. We are getting really excited!

I wish you all a great week!

A sporran...or a man purse when in
Scotland.

The Duncan tartan kilt complete with kilt
pin, sgian-dubh and ghillie brogues.

Cooper and Spicy thinking about the next maze...

Cooper and Blu-Belle...who knew they were related...
maybe Macey knew.

Cooper's father, Mugs...what a handsome Havanese.

Cooper and Spicy....doesn't that look
melt your heart.

Fall must be around the corner...the Mums are out at
Loblaws.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the doggie pictures. Russell's kilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete