Pageviews l

Sunday 11 November 2018

A day to remember

Sunday, November 11, 2018 ... a day to remember all those men and women who fought for us and sacrificed their lives in action. They fought for our freedom, which should never be taken for granted.

The sun is shining beautifully on this Remembrance Day. We got the last of the yard work done this afternoon. All the leaves have fallen and are bagged. We covered the two maple trees that got frost last year. Russell covered the patio table. We're good to go.

This morning, we had our family Christmas photo shoot. This is our third year doing this. We use Erika A. Photography, a well known animal photographer. It's fun for us and the doggies.  Her photos make for nice memories to look back on.

Last week was a good one. Spicy and I visited two seniors homes. Spicy is getting used to her new career as a therapy dog, so am I. Our visits bring such smiles and comfort to the residents. They just love her to pieces. As for the Coop, he had another great Fun Obedience class. Cooper LOVES training and I love training with him. We make a good team. It is particularly nice to be able to bring home some new tricks and practice on a daily basis, with both pooches.

Russell is doing good and continues to strengthen the muscles around the knee that will be replaced, hopefully in February. Sooner would be nice. He also started doing Tai Chi every Friday morning. He quite likes it as it addresses all components of fitness: flexibility, balance and strength. It is not as easy as one would think. I admire him for doing this....me, I wouldn't have the patience to sit through a class.

I guess the countdown to Christmas has started for many.  The holiday season will be somewhat nostalgic for us and my siblings, remembering my parents who left us earlier this year but we will get through it. Life does go on.  I plan on putting up our Christmas tree and all decorations before we go to Toronto. I have always liked Christmas, the lights, the music, the baking, all the things that bring comfort. And today, I bought Cooper and Spicy their second Christmas ornament and one for our little family with our names on it. When the time comes, I will include a photo of them.

That's my blog for today. Keep well and have a wonderful week!


Remembrance Day 2018...Uncle Charlie served proudly and
we thank him and all who served to enable our freedom.

Cooper and Spicy have mastered the "Sit Pretty"
command...what is next?

 Spicy 'digging in' for the night...shenanigans!

Now everyone is settled for a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment