Pageviews l

Sunday 18 November 2018

We have a date!

Happy Sunday everyone! It's a beautiful day, sunny, no wind, not too cold. We went for a nice walk by the lake this afternoon. Hardly any snow left on the path, just enough to actually keep the paws clean but not enough to warrant booties. We had some snow on Friday morning. Strangely enough, we only got about five centimetres whereas where my brother lives, in Ile Perrot, they got about 15 cm in total. Our snow has mostly melted now, although we do have some patches left in the backyard. As always with the first snow, our pooches were excited and yet a bit taken aback....Spicy was desperately looking for a patch of grass to do her business, Cooper couldn't have cared less but he was looking for bunny M&Ms under the snow.

Last week, we got a date for Russell's knee surgery, February 7. He is on the cancellation list for an earlier date but either way, we are both happy to know when it will happen as we were hoping for beginning of February. All things being equal, nine weeks later we will be off to Barbados with a good knee to boot. Better yet,  Russell will have a new knee for this birthday. The best gift I say.

We didn't do much last week. The weather was actually quite cold for a few days. On those days, we didn't go for a walk. We need to adapt slowly to the changing temperatures, the cold seems to have come early this year.

Last Wednesday, I had my 6th and last needle treatment for my jaw. I still have some lingering tightness, which should dissipate with time. Depending on how things go, I may get a "tune up" treatment from time to time. We'll see. Tomorrow, I will resume osteopathy treatment which will help. It's been five months since my jaw went into "closed lock" mode.  I hope I never have to go through that again. One thing is for sure: my next visit to the dentist will be on my terms:  I will insist on many breaks in order to give my jaw a rest, whether it's for a cleaning or another procedure. So, this is the end of the jaw saga.

Cooper and Spicy are doing well, as always. Today, we received the proofs of our Christmas family pics and our pooches look wonderful. We are so happy with the photos. Can't wait to share some in my blog!

Christmas is fast approaching. I read somewhere that Santa was busy this weekend, making appearances in many cities, such as Montreal and Toronto. In two weeks, I will put up our trees and all the decorations. I want to get everything done before we go to Toronto. I'm looking forward to it.

That's my blog for this week. I leave you with a few photos that Russell took after Friday's snowfall. It was pretty, now not so much. Have a great week everyone!



Zebra grass dusted with the first snow of the season in our
backyard.

A close-up of the Zebra grass plume encrusted in snow.

Cooper loved the first snow and he took full advantage to
sniff below the snowy surface looking for bunny 'treats'.

Spicy was careful in planning her trek around the snowy
backyard...she is a diva and didn't want her paws to
get any snowballs.

Cooper says don't mind me..."I am having a bad hair day."

Spicy trusts her nose...and she got a good
whiff of the egg white muffins fresh from
the oven. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos. I look forward to seeing Spicy & Cooper each week.

    ReplyDelete