Pageviews l

Sunday 14 October 2018

Beautiful Fall Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone! What a beautiful day, sunny, no wind and not too cold. I'm writing this blog outside, sitting on the deck with the patio heater on and some oldies playing. I'm not sure how many  more days like this we will have so I cherish each one. Russell and the pooches are keeping me company. Cooper & Spicy love the cooler air and are busy watching the squirrels hide their treasures for the Winter.

This past week was good. The weather was not spectacular except for Wednesday. That day was almost like having Summer all over again.  I got a lot of yard work done. I cut back most of our perennials and trimmed some shrubs. The VegTrug is closed for the season. This week, we will bring in the patio umbrellas. We don't need them at this time of year. Next on our list... bring the snow shovels into the backyard LOL!

On Wednesday, I had a needle treatment for my jaw. It was my fifth one and this one ached more than the previous ones. Those needles only stay in the muscle for a minute or so but it's a long minute.....having said this, it is helping tremendously. My jaw opening is now at 42 mm (from 25 mm), the normal range being between 40 and 50. Since we do not know what was my original measurement (darn, I should have measured my jaw opening before it went into a closed lock!), we can only assume that I'm close to what it was. I still feel some tightness in the muscle, the reason why we continue the treatment. I have one more in two weeks, then we'll see. It's all good and it makes for something different to talk about!

Cooper continues to have fun at his weekly training and Spicy continues to give seniors love and smiles. We are blessed to have two wonderful Havanese who give us so much, every single day. Today, we went for a walk and came across two young girls who wanted to take a photo of our doggies. Of course, they were more than happy to oblige, they are such posers!

Russell is doing well and trains with Melissa, his personal trainer, twice a week. Part of his workout now includes doing "prehab" on the knee that will be replaced in order to strengthen the muscles around it. His surgeon approves wholeheartedly. As for me, I still go to Orange Theory four times a week. From October 24 to the 31st, it will be Hell Week.....can't wait for those workouts!

Russell and I don't watch much TV, we prefer listening to the music channels. Last night though, we watched two wonderful concerts on PBS:  Pavlo, a Canadian born guitarist who plays mediterranean music, playing from his parents' home town of Kastoria, Greece and Il Volo, three young tenors who sang, with Placido Domingo as the music conductor, live from Florence. Both concerts were wonderful. Oh, and we have now added Greece to our bucket list.

That's my blog today.  I leave you with a few photos that Russell took of our Fall garden displays. I wish you all a wonderful week.


Zebra grass is full bloom in a special corner of
our backyard. This photo was taken with the Arsenal
(AI) device attached to Russell's camera.

Spicy and Cooper decided they needed to investigate
the picture taking.

Close up of the Zebra grass plumes in full bloom. A
wonderful pinkish hue.

Last tango in the Fall morning sunshine...the Clethra -
Ruby Spice in bloom in the front yard.

The Limelight Hydrangea....slipping into Fall color, a warm
comforting pink... in the front yard.

Cooper and Spicy making themselves at home on the back
deck, on a hot day.... saying,
"Can we get some service around here?"









1 comment: