Pageviews l

Sunday 28 October 2018

Good bye October

Hello everyone! I hope your Sunday is a good one. Ours is quiet and relaxing. Not much to do on a rainy day so we're just chilling. Russell and the doggies had a nap earlier. We just had a retrieve game with Cooper & Spicy. That got them a little tired so they're ready for another nap. It's a dog's life!

This morning, I went to the gym for the fifth workout of Hell Week. I normally don't go on Sunday but I put myself on the waiting list last week, thinking for sure I wouldn't get in. I'm glad I did, got to see some friends that I made since I joined. Always nice. The name of today's workout was "Paranormal Leg Activity".  I can feel my legs seizing up as I'm typing my blog. It's all good and I will get a free Hell Week tank top out of this! Hell Week ends on .... Halloween day. Can't wait for that workout!

This past week was good. Spicy and I had visited two retirement homes. On Tuesday, during our second visit, we got to see Auntie Lorraine. We hadn't seen her for quite some time so it was really nice to see her again. I had my fifth needle treatment on Wednesday. I was hoping it would be my last but I will have another one in three weeks. It is likely that I have reached the maximum jaw opening but the stiffness that I still feel requires a few more needles. So be it, no big deal. On Thursday night, I met up with four former colleagues for dinner to celebrate someone's retirement. It was a fun evening and it was as if we just picked up where we left off when I retired seven years ago. Quite remarkable that the bond between us was just as strong as it was back then. We went to a lovely Portuguese restaurant, Portus 360, with a 360 degree rotation offering panoramic views of the city of Montreal. A lovely, and late, evening.

Saturday was our little girl Spicy's eighth birthday. Russell and I had fun prepping her for the official birthday photos.  Cooper enjoyed being part of the festivities. It was a wonderful day, filled with doggie fun and lots of love. Spicy is a princess in every way and deserves everything that comes her way.

So, here we are, about to end another month. October went by very quickly for us. I hate to say it but Christmas will be here before we know it. We saw our first Christmas commercial on TV last week. Soon, the Christmas music will start but I hope not before Remembrance Day.

This week is another crazy week filled with a few appointments but also filled with fun stuff. On Tuesday, I have my weekly Fun Obedience class with the Coop. On Wednesday, my childhood friend Denise will be coming over for lunch with Brian. We look forward to it. That night, we will be giving out candies to the kiddies. A fun night.

That's my blog for this week. I leave you with birthday photos of the Spice girl and a couple of fall pics that Russell took on Friday. It was a spectacular day. The leaves are now virtually all gone. Have a great week. Good bye October!


Fall colours landed on our doorstep and the leaves fell like
golden shards of glass.

A different point of view of the maple in our front yard....
in full colour.

Spicy sat very patiently for the official photo of her 8th
birthday...after that...all bets were off!

Spicy invited Cooper to join her...then she decided, enough
licking the icing...I want the pup cake!

Spicy and Cooper enjoyed every lick...what is next!

1 comment:

  1. Always look forward to the photos. The pups are so photogenic. I love that Cooper and Spicy have such a great bond.

    ReplyDelete