Pageviews l

Monday 6 August 2018

Good to be home!

Hi everyone! Here we are, back home, as if we never left. The only thing that's different is that I now belong to the sixties club! It doesn't take long to get back into the swing of things. Suitcases are empty, one load of laundry done, the rest tomorrow. Groceries bought for the next few days. We are still under the effect of the jet lag. Last night, I was wide awake at 1 am, went back to sleep eventually. We got up at 6:20 this morning. Russell had a nap this afternoon, I didn't, saving my sleep for tonight. Cooper and Spicy are back into their routine, maybe a tad tired from all the play at Camp Talemaker. It goes without saying that we were over the moon happy to see them yesterday, and vice versa. We were treated to showers upon showers of kisses when we picked them up. So good for the heart!

All is good on the home front. Our plants are doing well.  Harry, the nice man who looks after our house when we go away, watered all the pots and flower beds, every two days. I can't imagine what our garden would look like without water for 17 days.  The heat has been oppressive while we were gone, and still is today. I can't even stand being on the deck. That says a lot about how hot and humid it is. This morning, I raked the back yard in one corner, where all the apples from our apple tree have started falling. They were half eaten, some were mushy, very messy. It only took me 15 minutes to do all this but after I was done, I was drenched. Needless to say we didn't take our pooches out for a walk today. They go out to do their business and that's it, just like they do when it's too cold outside. Crazy heat!

This morning, my sister, brother and I made the final arrangements for the interment of our parents' ashes. We chose August 24 to do it, the date of their wedding anniversary. Together forever, in their final resting place.

Russell and I are not going back to the gym until later this week. No need to rush back. Tomorrow and Thursday, I see the physiotherapist and osteopath for my jaw. It seems to be improving. As for Russell, he had an MRI for his knee before our trip. The results are not too good: severe arthritis, torn meniscus and a few other things, all in the same knee. This week, he will make an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon, as per his doctor's recommendation. Hopefully he will get pain relief one way or another. Walking in Italy was not easy, but Russell is a trooper.

That does it for my blog today. Next Sunday, I will write more about our trip. Russell will also download the many photos that he took. For today, I leave you with two photos taken from our balcony in Sorrento. Have a great week everyone and stay cool.


The view from above...seen from our balcony at the
Bellevue Syrene...this is a dock area and swimming
spot protected from the sea by a lava rock break-wall.

Terraced life in Sorrento...hotels/homes dot the hillside, as
seen from our balcony.


1 comment:

  1. Take the time to decompress. Your pooches will gladly share a spot on the couch for you.

    ReplyDelete