Pageviews l

Sunday 19 August 2018

Our garden pagoda

Happy Sunday everyone! Another beautiful Summer day and more on the way this week. We haven't had much rain since we've been back from Italy. We were supposed to get lots on Friday, didn't get much, not enough to soak our flower beds. I planted more perennials today, I had a few holes to fill.  I think I'm done now. On that note, we had a space between a cluster of Rudbekias and Zebra grass that needed to be filled with a little something. I found this cute Pagoda, which fits perfectly in that spot. When Cooper spotted it from the deck, he growled a little, probably thinking it was a little man or something. He had to go and sniff it, so did Spicy. It was totally hilarious to watch. Once they became acquainted with the pagoda, all was fine.

This past week was good and we resumed our "normal" routine. I went back to the gym and it felt good. It was nice to see my gym buddies again. We had quite a few walks with our pooches. Russell also resumed his regular workouts with his personal trainer. He also made an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon for October 2 to get an opinion on his knee. A knee replacement could be on the horizon but we'll see what the doc has to say. Either way, Russell has to find some form of permanent relief down the road.  As for me, I continue to make progress with my jaw. I gained another two mm of opening. Tomorrow, I will have a "dry needling" treatment which may help. Dry needling is similar to acupuncture in that both use thin stainless steal needles. Both treatments treat pain to a certain extent, however dry needling is designed to stimulate trigger points that cause pain or discomfort. As such, the needles are placed in the muscles or tissue. A first for me, so we'll see if it helps. Nothing to loose, everything to gain.

On Tuesday, Spicy and I had our first monitored visit for the Caring Paws Animal Therapy Program. It went really well. We were accompanied by Maritza who taught us the ropes. We went to a retirement home in Dorval and visited with many residents. Each visit was individual, in the person's room. Everyone fell in love with Spicy. On Thursday, we have our second visit at a different place. We look forward to it.

Yesterday, we had the pleasure of having Sparky over for the day while his human parents were at a wedding.  Sparky is a Talemaker Havanese, seven years old. Sparky and Spicy share the same dad. We had a great day, went for a walk, played some and had some quiet time on the deck. Sparky is a good boy and it didn't take him long to feel comfortable in our home. Coop & Spicy quite enjoyed his company.

We have another busy week on the way, ending with the interment of my parents' ashes on Friday. It will be an emotional day for us but in a way it will bring a form of "closure", although I do not believe there is ever "closure" when you lose loved ones. Each of us have a little memento that we will leave behind with mom and dad, even a photo of Cooper & Spicy. We hope it will make them smile.

I leave you with lots of doggie photos and a couple from Italy. I wish you all a great week!


Did not take Cooper long to spot the pagoda in the back
flower bed...quick sniff, yes, I like it he says!

Spicy took time to strike a pose with a floral backdrop.

Spicy and Cooper confer on the pagoda...it is a keeper.

Even Sparky explores the pagoda
Sparky, Spicy and Cooper at the backdoor....they heard
a plastic wrapper in the kitchen!

Sparky quickly found his new favorite chair, my chair.

Posing for another photo and a treat maybe!

Sparky made himself right at home, good boy!

The famous Faraglioni sea stacks off the coast of Capri.
There was a traffic jam going through the arch.

Pope John Paul II is larger than life in this statue on the
busy shopping street, Corso Italia in Sorrento.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your photos. Garden and doggie photos are the best.

    ReplyDelete