Pageviews l

Sunday 1 July 2018

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are having a nice Canada Day celebration. Our weather is, shall I say, sweltering, just like Ontario and perhaps other parts of this beautiful country that we live in. Just think, six months from today will be New Year's Day....no doubt it will be a tad colder. It is 37 Celsius right now, with a Humidex value of 46.

Despite the heat, I am writing my blog outside, in the shade of course. At this time of day, the sun is in the front of our house, so not above the deck. Our two patio umbrellas are made with Sunbrella fabric, which reduces the UV rays by 98%. We are comfortable. Cooper and Spicy are on the deck for now but are smart enough to tell us when they want to go in. We keep adding ice cubes to their water bowl.  It's all good.

This heat wave will last until Friday and break by the weekend....a forecasted cool 28 degrees on Saturday. Needless to say we haven't been on any walks for a few days. This morning, early, we thought about going to the grassy park in Pointe-Claire but decided against it.

Other than the heat wave, it's rather quiet for us. My jaw is progressively, as in slowly, getting back to normal. I had my first physio treatment last Thursday. The therapist measured my jaw opening: it was at 27 mm and should be between 38-40 mm. Having said this, half way through the treatment, I had gained 2 mm of opening. Those small gains make me happy. There is still lots of food that I can't chew but I will get there. Worst case, if I can't ever chew a piece of steak again,  no big deal.

The silver lining in my jaw problem is that I am much more aware of what tension and stress can do to my body. I also have gained a full appreciation for what an osteopath can do to help the body heal, to the extent it can be done. As such, once my jaw is back to normal, I plan on seeing my osteopath once a month, just for "maintenance". She is very good....and "Russell approved". He went to see her for his knee and was impressed by her holistic approach to treatment. It's all good.

Today, we start a brand new month.....my birthday month. Oh my, I will enter the sixties club in a few weeks.  The silver lining, again, is that I will be in Rome when that happens. Can't think of many better places to celebrate such an important milestone. Until then, I will have an early celebration with two friends on Wednesday at a restaurant in Montreal. The three of us are turning 60 this year (well, one of them has already beat us to it), so we are getting together for lunch. I look forward to it. Look for a pic in next week's blog!

That's it for my blog. I'm starting to sweat a little....Cooper & Spicy are in the house now. Have a great week! Stay cool and hydrated!


Spicy and Cooper want to wish all their friends
a super Happy Canada Day!

Cooper's eye...he stayed still while Russell practiced with
his new Fujifilm X100F.

Spicy equalled Cooper in the eye pose down....she is
such a cutie and poser!

Daylilies in bloom in the backyard...lovely.

Daisies make the world a better place!

How do you spell HOT...37C or 98F with a Humidex of...
46C or 114F...toasty.


1 comment:

  1. Hot, hot, hot as the song goes in the Islands. Not quite as exciting here in Canada. Too hot to be outside after 10am. Good to hear that your jaw is improving. Always love to see pictures of Cooper & Spicy. Happy Canada Day !

    ReplyDelete