Pageviews l

Sunday 24 June 2018

St-Jean Baptiste Holiday

Happy Sunday everyone! It is sunny and quite warm, the perfect day for St-Jean Baptiste celebrations. It is rather quiet in our neighbourhood today, I'm actually wondering if anyone is celebrating. We just came back from a walk and hardly saw anyone out and about. We are not doing anything special today, just chilling on the deck.

This past week was better than the previous one for me. My jaw is improving and I have regained quite a bit of "mouth opening". I still have to be careful when chewing and have to be mindful of how big a bite I can actually put in my mouth. I saw the osteopath again last week and the treatments are making a difference. This coming week, I have an appointment with a physiotherapist who specializes in TMJ issues. She will work on the actual chewing muscle, which is quite stiff still, thus giving me some pain, but nothing like I had two weeks ago. So, I am happy with the improvement. It is slower than I thought it would be though. I should be back to normal, or close to it, by the time we go to Italy.

I also had my yearly physical last Friday. All my test results are good, so I was happy about that. Russell will have his on July 10.

We are getting excited about our upcoming trip. Our weeks between now and then will be rather busy, with appointments and such. It's amazing how time consuming it is when you start seeing a health professional such as an osteopath or physiotherapist.

Last Friday marked the one year anniversary of Spicy joining our family. It is so hard to believe that she's been with us one year already. I seriously don't know where the year went, then again, a lot has happened in that one year. Spicy has added so much to our lives, and to Cooper's. She is such a sweet girl, in every way. We are truly blessed to have them both in our lives.

That's about it for this week's blog. I wish you all a wonderful week. Oh, the weather has just turned, looking mighty dark out there now!


Heuchera 'Sweet Tart' in full bloom in the front flowerbed.

The wonderfully vibrant color of the Geranium sanguineum
'Cranesbill' in the front flowerbed.

Can anyone say lettuce...Little Caesar to be precise. They
sure are at home in the VegTrug on the back deck.

Cooper chilling on his favourite chair.

Spicy striking a regal pose on a Muskoka chair.

Cooper and Spicy share a favourite pass time...
chews in the TV room.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your jaw is feeling a little better Anne. Always enjoy pictures of Cooper & Spicy. Your gardens look lovely.

    ReplyDelete