Pageviews l

Sunday 15 July 2018

It's another hot one!

Happy Sunday everyone! A beautiful, sunny but very hot day. We're out on the deck, feeling a tiny breeze from time to time but it's a hot one for sure. We need rain so badly. Our grass is fried, literally. Some of the grass in the backyard is so dry and straw like that our pooches either hop over those spots or walk around them.  I don't recall ever having such a dry Summer. Our perennials that get the morning sun are thriving. The daisies are four feet tall now and our daylilies are almost as high. Those that get the afternoon glaring sun are begging for water. I have been watering but it's hard to keep up. Oh well, it is what it is.

This past week was good and busy with all sorts of appointments. Russell had his physical and got a clean bill of health. His hemochromatosis condition is under control now after five phlebotomies. His doctor was impressed. He did get an MRI on Friday for his knee. Despite getting osteopathy treatments, which help, Russell and his doctor felt that it was best to find out once and for all what is really wrong with the knee. We now wait for the results.

My jaw is improving. My mouth opening is still not where it should be but I have to be patient. I continue to see my osteopath on a regular basis. She is really good.  I may have said this before, but I  am now a true believer in osteopathy for improving my overall well being.

Cooper & Spicy are doing good and look forward to their upcoming visit at Talemaker Camp.  Russell and I are getting ready to go to Italy later this week. We haven't packed yet but everything is laid out on the guest bed. The weather in Rome and Sorrento will be very hot but not humid. We expect lots and lots of sunshine. We are looking forward to this trip. It will be a special one.

Today was the World Cup. We didn't watch it but I am glad that France won. That's what my mom would have wanted and that's good enough for me. Mom was a sports fanatic. No doubt she watched the game, with dad, on a huge TV screen set up somewhere in heaven.

That's it for this week's blog. The next one will be from Italy, most likely next Monday. We will spend the rest of the day doing nothing. I have a cold chicken pasta ready for dinner, nice and refreshing on a hot Summer day. Cooper & Spicy are in the house, chilling. As soon as I post this blog, I will make us a "Spritz",  an Italian cocktail, just to get in the mood. Have a great week everyone, stay cool. Look for some pics of Italy in the next few blogs.


Daylilies poking up over the 4 foot tall daisies
by the back deck!

Single daylily thriving in a less direct sunspot in the backyard.

Daisies are over four feet tall and growing
like weeds.

Spicy in all her glory...smiling as always

Cooper knows he should not beg...but it is a dog's
world and we love them both so, beg away.

A Migrant Hawker dragonfly...sunning on the
back-wall in the morning sun.

My friend Linda posted this on Facebook last week, love it!




1 comment:

  1. Spicy and Cooper will love their vacation as well. Enjoy Italy !!! I love your friend Linda's post.

    ReplyDelete