Pageviews l

Sunday 8 July 2018

Celebrating our loved ones


Happy Sunday everyone! What a beautiful day it is, and what a wonderful day it's been so far. The four of us, along with my brother, sister and James,  just got back from attending the first "Live Butterfly Release",  benefiting the West Island Palliative Residence, in memory of our loved ones.

This fundraiser, the first of its kind, took place at Centennial Park. A while ago, Russell and I sponsored four butterflies to be released in the names of my parents and Russell's parents. The butterflies have been bred by Monsieur Rene Boutin, otherwise known as Monsieur Papillon. He lives in Chambly. The little creatures were delivered in specially tailored packages in order to keep them in a comfortable, resting condition until their release today. Once the package is open, the natural heat and light awakens these sleeping beauties and inspires them to take flight.

We were able to witness the majesty of the Painted Lady and the Monarch as they took their first dance in flight to the delight of all participants. It was truly a special moment.

So, today was a day to celebrate mom and dad and Russell's parents. I can't think of a better way to do it, while benefiting the West Island Palliative Residence.

This past week was good but incredibly hot. I don't think I need to expand on that topic. I had a few appointments for my jaw, which continues to improve. My opening is now at 31 mm, versus 27 mm two weeks ago. I'm a happy camper although I still have my doubt that I will ever regain full mouth opening. But that's OK, this is the new norm for me, I'm used to it and can adapt accordingly. The pain is still there though, not constant but after chewing or any jaw movement. That will pass I suppose.

On Wednesday, I had lunch with Diane and Lise, friends and former co-workers. The three of us are joining the Sixties Club this year. It was a great celebratory lunch, filled with stories and laughter.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that our thoughts are with those young soccer players in Thailand, trapped in the caves. This morning, we were glued to CNN and watched the beginning of the rescue. It is comforting to know that four boys have been rescued. I truly hope that the remaining young boys and their coach will also be rescued and that no other lives will be lost.  Time and mother nature are working against them but we can only hope that they will be rescued in time.

That's it for my blog today. Gotta go feed Cooper & Spicy. By the way, they were the delight of the crowd at the event today. Have a great everyone!


Butterflies in their protective boxes warming up just before
handover for release!

Russell releasing his butterfly as Francois and James look on.
Spicy and Cooper took it all in stride.

My butterfly is released and I made a special wish which
the butterfly will make come true.
Me collecting our 4 butterflies.



Me, Lynn and Francois getting the instructions on how to
release our butterflies.

Me and James releasing our butterflies.

Spicy and Cooper are dreaming of cooler days to go for
a walk during the recent heat wave.

The 60's Club. Me with Lise and Diane, a great lunch
filled with stories and laughter.


2 comments:

  1. Anne: Wonderful way to remember... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Butterflies are such a great tribute to both yours and Russell's parents. I love the natural approach for remembering.

    ReplyDelete