Pageviews l

Sunday 3 June 2018

Those strawberries!

Happy first Sunday of June! A beauty of a day for us. It is a bit breezy and warm, the perfect combination. I'm writing my blog on our deck while our two pooches are patiently waiting for their dinner. They had a busy and fun day. They spent a good part of the day at Chez Winston, enjoying the company of Winston, while Russell and I had lunch with our good friends Gord and Karen in Montebello. It was great to catch up.

It was a beautiful drive to Montebello, lots of bikers on the road. We had lunch in town, at a lovely Bistro. Russell and I got there early so we went to the Chateau to take in the sights. I thought I had been there once but now I know I never set foot at Chateau Montebello until today. Russell was there many moons ago. What a beautiful place, all log of course. As soon as we walked into the lobby, we were reminded of our beautiful log home that we built in Huntsville. We do miss that house.

All is good with us. Our garden is doing well. Everything is growing so fast this year. Our Maple tree and our Japanese Maple are also doing much better than last week, thanks to Darlah's tip about cutting off the deadwood. It is clear now that those trees suffered from Winter kill but they are thriving again. Amazing how mother nature knows what to do once you give it a little help.

Our strawberry planter is also doing well and I expect lots of strawberries very soon. For now, we have a few that are good enough to eat. I had one a few days ago....nothing beats the taste of a strawberry fresh off the vine.

There is rain on the way for the next two days. That's good because I have things to do in the house. I also have to get ready for my good friend Eve's visit on Friday....we have a lot of catching up to do. It will be a weekend filled with good chats, great food and wine, some girl stuff and good times spent with Russell, Cooper and Spicy. We look forward to it.

That's it for my blog today. Time to feed the canine crew. I wish you all a wonderful week!


At the peak of perfection, strawberries basking in the sunshine
in our planter on the back deck...yum!

Jacob's Ladder in full bloom in the back garden.

The massive fireplace at the
Chateau Montebello...fond memories
of our log home in Huntsville.

Cooper and Spicy 'peas in a pod' in their classic
'what is next pose'!

An aerial view of the "Swiffer pooches"...
side-by-side besties!






1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy seeing pix of Cooper & Spicy. Japanese Maples can suffer a lot of winter damage depending upon the zone they are in. I hope yours recovers through the summer. Your strawberries almost look ready for picking.

    ReplyDelete