Pageviews l

Sunday 10 June 2018

A great weekend!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are all having the same kind of weather that we have now, sunny and not too hot...a perfect Spring day. The weather this weekend was beautiful and we took advantage of it, in the company of my very good friend Eve.

Eve arrived on Friday by train, all the way from Oakville. It was really nice to see her again. We go back a long way, having been co-workers for the longest time. It did me a lot of good to spend time with her.  We had some girlie time (got our nails done), went for a nice power walk, had some good food (thanks to Russell for barbecuing) and some good wine. Yesterday, Eve and I went to Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue and had lunch at Violet Angel. We ate outside, by the board walk along Lake St-Louis. It was relaxing to just sit there, chat away, while sipping a cold Summer Rose.  Needless to say that we had our dinners on the deck every night. Cooper & Spicy were the perfect hosts, as always. Eve gave me a wonderful cookbook entitled "Yum and Yummer" by Greta Podleski. Some really good, healthy and fun recipes that I will try starting this week.  So, my friend went back home today. I always feel a little sad when she leaves but I know that I will see her again in a few months.

The day that Eve arrived (June 8) was my dad's birthday. He would have been 85. He was in my thoughts throughout the day. I include this photo of him, taken a few years ago on his birthday. Those are the moments that I choose to remember, when both my parents were doing well and looked healthy.

This coming week is a bit busy for me. I am gearing up for my yearly physical so I have a few medical tests to get done prior to the physical. Nothing earth shattering but I want everything done before we go away in July.

That's it for my blog. I will now look at that cookbook that Eve gave me, again, and choose a few recipes for this coming week. Then, I will resume reading the third and final book of the Natchez Burning Trilogy. Oh so good! Have a great week everyone!


BFF's, Eve with Spicy and me with our big boy Cooper!

Leave it to the Spice girl to shower Eve with kisses!

Dad's birthday with Mom and me a few years ago...
fond memories of happy times!






1 comment:

  1. Nice to visit with old friends. Spice looked like she was sharing a kiss with Eve.

    ReplyDelete