Pageviews l

Sunday 4 March 2018

Welcome March!

Happy Sunday to all! It feels good to have the first two months of the year behind us. Spring is just around the corner, I can feel it, although I read somewhere that March will bring more snow to our area. Que sera sera, as my mom would say.

Mom is not doing well and she is hanging by a thread. Yesterday, we were told that end of life was imminent, however she is still with us today. There is nothing else that I can say except that dad is waiting for her. They will be reunited soon.

This past week was a repeat of what our weeks have been for the past few months. I did go to the gym twice, as I promised myself. This coming week, I will try for three times. I am not pushing myself as hard as I normally would but it's a nice change of pace. Not that sweating up a storm is a nice thing but it feels good.

Russell has been diligent with his workouts, although like me, he is not quite feeling up to it - that said, he did a personal best this week: a 4 minute plank. Good for you Russell, well done! The reality is that our lives are on hold for the moment. One day, though, I will look back and be glad that we put our lives on hold for a while. My mom deserves it.

It's hard to predict what this coming week will bring. The only sure thing is that our little girl Spicy will have hernia surgery on Wednesday. I will be glad when that's over with but I'm sure she will bounce back quickly.

That's it for my blog today. I leave you with a few photos of our pooches that I took last week. I was doing a little training with them....those two will do anything for treats. Have a great week everyone!


Cooper and Spicy say OK, you have our attention...enough of this Sit Stay business,
where are the treats.

Spicy asks Coop, how long do we have to do a Down Stay
before Mom gives us the treat?
Is it time to go out yet? Cooper and Spicy are always ready
to go for a walk.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I love, love , love your Cooper & Spicy photos, they speak to me. I am sure they are a good distraction for you and Russell during these difficult times. Thanks for sharing. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete