Pageviews l

Sunday 25 February 2018

Good bye February

Happy Sunday to all! We're getting a real mix bag of weather today...a little snow this morning, followed by freezing rain, plain rain and now just strong winds and sun. I can't wait for Winter to be over. It's been a hard one this year. Our snow is melting away though, so it's a good thing. I've also been hearing the Spring song of the cardinals and the chickadees really early in the morning. Such a sweet sound at this time of year.

This past week was good although very busy for me. I was not able to go to the gym once, too much on my plate. My goal is to go twice this week, at least. We'll see.

Mom's health continues to decline.  We see changes in her almost daily now. I know that the staff at Vivalis is keeping her comfortable and pain free. It is a situation that is becoming almost unbearable for us and very hard to watch. Such is life though, we are not in control of when it's time to say good bye to our loved ones.

Meanwhile, we go on with our lives as best we can. Yesterday was a nice day so Russell and I took our pooches for a beautiful walk at Morgan Arboretum. We were the only ones on that particular trail. It was so peaceful, just the four of us and the birds chirping.

Cooper and Spicy are doing well. Although this past week was busy, I did find the time to take Cooper to his weekly Fun Obedience training. We both had fun. It was good for him and for me. As for Spicy, I have not registered her yet for Level 2 Obedience. I will do so when I have a better sense of what the next few months will bring for us. In the meantime, we practice training at home and do fun games with her. On the Spicy topic, we discovered a hernia on her belly last week. Nothing too serious but she will have surgery on March 7 to repair it. We're not looking forward to that day but I know our little girl will be fine.

Today is a quiet day. We had Auntie Lorraine over for lunch. It was nice to see her. The rest of the day will be spent doing nothing, literally. My brother and sister visited mom today, I will go tomorrow and every day this week. Just taking a wee break today.

I wish you all a great week. Good bye February!


Me and our two pooches on the trail....Cooper and
Spicy like to 'rough it' on the trails of Morgan
Arboretum.

Spicy likes to take the lead on the trails!

Time for a photo opportunity with
me, Spicy and Cooper...family time.

True BFFs, Cooper and Spicy love to share the quilt during
the ritual TV time post dinner.


1 comment:

  1. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way Anne. So nice that you took a day for you, Russell, Cooper and Spicy. Look after yourselves during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete