Pageviews l

Sunday 11 February 2018

The Birthday guy

Hello everyone! It's been four weeks since my last blog. I thought today would be a good day to resume my weekly stories. This week is off to a good start with Russell's birthday tomorrow. Cooper, Spicy and I will make sure his day is special.

As most of my fellow blog readers know, the past few weeks have been difficult with the unexpected passing of my dad on January 29. We were dealt with a huge blow that day, especially my mom. We are slowly coming to terms with the fact that dad is gone. Mom's physical condition is somewhat stable although her health is on a decline. Emotionally, she is very sad but she knows that dad is in a good place now, watching over all of us. She is surrounded by the presence of her three children and the wonderful staff at Vivalis. For that, she is grateful.

This coming Friday, we will celebrating dad's life with family and friends. We are making arrangements for mom to attend. It will be an emotional day for all of us, especially for mom, but she is strong and I have no doubt that she will get through that day.

I have been leaning on Russell through these tough times. He is my rock in more ways than one. I couldn't get through all of this without his presence. I have been "task oriented" since dad's passing and haven't had much time to grieve. It will come. Meanwhile, both Russell and I are trying to bring back some form of normalcy to our lives. I went back to the gym last week, although I'm not pushing myself as much as I normally would. But it feels good just the same. We've been having small walks with our pooches, not too long because I'm anxious to visit my mom every afternoon. That's my routine now....gym/home stuff in the morning, visits with mom in the afternoon. Russell keeps the Coop & Spicy busy while I'm gone, and when I get home, I get hugs and kisses from all three. It's the best!

I leave you with a photo of my beloved Russell, whom I love so very much. I am so grateful to have you in my life. I also include a few photos of Dad....he loved Cooper & Spicy so much, and they loved him in return. The photo of me and Dad was taken a few years ago at my aunt's place. I remember saying to myself then, that one day, when dad passed away, I would cherish that particular photo, and I am.

Have a great week everyone. Good luck to all Canadian athletes. Happy Birthday Russell!



Happy Birthday my love!

Cooper and Dad... a bromance
that will persist for all time!

Spicy knew how to love Dad up and
he enjoyed every second of her love!

The bond between Father and Daughter is very
special and this moment captured it perfectly.
Miss you dad...loved always and never forgotten.




No comments:

Post a Comment