Pageviews l

Sunday 18 February 2018

Time for a little healing


Happy Sunday to all!

It feels like a Spring day...the snow is melting, it's messy out there but we're not complaining. Lots of rain on the way though and there is concern for flooding in many areas, not good. It's been a tough Winter, no doubt about it, but I can see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel.

This past week was difficult, getting ready for my dad's service on Friday. All went well and mom was as strong as ever. It was a beautiful celebration of dad's grand life. We put together a montage with photos spanning from his youth all the way to the last family photos of us this past Christmas, with dad's favorite music playing in the background. A keepsake that will last forever. Thanks to Russell for putting it all together. He truly put his heart into it. Thanks to my brother for choosing the music. Thanks to my sister, her sons, dad's brother and cousin for sending us the perfect photos.

Now, it's time to reflect on dad's life and start the healing process. Given mom's current health, loosing dad first was truly a blow to the entire family but not surprising when I think back about his devotion to mom in the past few months. As the priest told us, caring for a sick spouse does take its toll. My dad's heart just couldn't take it any more.

So, life goes on. This week, we will try and resume our daily routine as best we can. I'm handling all the necessary paperwork on behalf of my mother so my list of "things to do" is rather long...my organizational skills from my work days have resurfaced and are helping me get through these times. I bought myself file folders, writing pads and highlighters. I spent this morning organizing all the files in a very orderly fashion. That's just me.

Our pooches are doing very well and truly make us feel like we don't have a care in the world.

That's it for my blog this week. For many, tomorrow is a holiday, Family Day. Enjoy every minute with your precious ones.


Last family photo with Dad, Christmas 2017. Wonderful memories!

Spicy loves to visit Mom and makes herself right at home. This was last Wednesday.

Cooper and Spicy assume the pose....'what is next?' In
other words...where are those treats?

Russell with a lap full of Havanese love from Cooper and
Spicy on his birthday.





1 comment: