Pageviews l

Sunday 5 November 2017

Fall back

Happy Sunday to all! I just came back from visiting my mom at the hospital and casting my vote for the municipal elections. Not a good day to be out and about, lots of rain and it's already getting dark. Getting back to daylight saving time is good as we get an extra hour in our day to do whatever we want...some say we sleep it off, I don't. Truthfully, these days I could use extra hours to do all the things I want to do. On the flip side, falling back in time means the nights get darker that much sooner. Oh, I so don't like that but I do like the brightness that we get in the morning when the time changes...so all this to say that there is a positive to everything.

Back to visiting my mom. She is doing quite well, although a bit tired, both of being at the hospital and of not being mobile. For some reason, the staff at the hospital has not been very proactive in getting her out of bed. Her doctor is on it and hopefully this week will bring some form of physiotherapy. Having said this, a requisition has been put in for her transfer to a rehab facility. Fingers crossed that it will be near where my parents live so that my dad doesn't have to commute a long distance to visit her.

This past week was good but busy. Between my four weekly workouts at the gym, two weekly training sessions with Coop & Spicy, including doing some "homework", being there for my loving supportive hubby, house stuff, visiting my mom and doing what I can for my dad, my weeks have been going by pretty quickly. The thought of going to Barbados in three months sounds pretty good right now. Such is life and we do what we can.

Halloween came and went and it was fun. We had about 40 kids and our two pooches were very good. The first batch of kids came earlier than expected so the door bell got Cooper & Spicy excited. But after that, Russell kept an eye on the street and I was keeping our two little guys busy, doing a bit of training. We shut it down at 8 pm.

Not much else is going on with us. We will be going to Toronto at the end of the month for a little getaway and meeting some friends. Looking forward to it. When we come back, it will be time to get ready for Christmas.

That's it for my blog this week. My dad is coming over for dinner tonight. It will be nice to see him and I know he will love seeing Coop & Spicy. I leave you with a few Halloween pics, one of a beautiful sunrise taken last week and our famous NYC doggie clock....we spotted this clock in New York City just before Russell's mom passed away. She wanted us to get something special for our new home in Huntsville, so it has a loving place in our hearts. Have a great week everyone!



Did you remember to fall back? Cooper and Spicy
slept through the whole extra hour!

Cooper and Spicy on the trick or treat training trail...
"good quiet - no bark"!

Caught in the act, I got treats too!
Spicy and Cooper took time to get in a nap at the gate
between trick or treaters.

The door bell rang, new kids at the door...
Spicy and Cooper were perfect greeters.

Mr. Pumpkin in all his glory!
Sky was on fire for an instant as the rising sun kissed the
clouds in our backyard this week.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again Anne & Russell for sharing such great photos. The sunrise was beautiful.. I personally not being a morning person never see a sunrise, but I do appreciate the photos. I hope that your Mom gets some physio soon, sometimes it is necessary to 'push' the Doctors where seniors are concerned. None of us want or need to be written off. Every effort to get your Mom moving will be better for her. Enjoy dinner with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Absolutely Love Reading Up On Your Family Activities...I Always Read It To Jasper..He Sends His Best To All...Especially, Cooper & Spice...'Crazy Cat Lady From Chertsey'...!! XX

    ReplyDelete