Pageviews l

Sunday 12 November 2017

My husband, the model

Happy Sunday everyone! A true November day, gloomy and damp. We had a couple of pretty darn cold days last week but no snow. It was a rude awakening to get up to -8 celsius on Thursday morning. The good thing about the cold weather is that the grass is hard, so cleaner for our little paws.

This past week was good and busy. I probably sound like a broken record when I say there are not enough hours in a day, these days.  I do what I can and make the most of my time.  I had two excellent training classes with Cooper and Spicy. Tuesday's training with Cooper was awesome. Oh boy, he loves to jump and loves to train, especially when it's fun! As for my Obedience class with Miss Spicy, well, we had a breakthrough on Saturday. Spicy loves to train but she has a little bit of a "stubborn streak" in her. Our practice paid off and we did really well, actually extremely well. I was so excited during the class, her heeling and focus were perfect. I think that if there was a prize given out to the handler who shows the most excitement, I would win it!  I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I am using all the good tips that Wanda has given me..."ready ready ready", using a positive marker, praising, etc. It's all good and I can't wait for next Saturday.

On Thursday, we had Auntie Lorraine over for lunch. It was nice to see her and she brought us two hand knitted doggie blankets. Spicy and Cooper love them to pieces and love to nest in them. On Friday, my dad came over for dinner. It was a good change for him and our pooches always enjoy his company. On Saturday, I decided to make my Winter pots. The soil in the pots was not quite frozen so I figured, why not do them now. Off we went to buy what we needed and the pots are done for the upcoming holiday season.  Tick, done.

This morning we had our family Christmas photos done by Erika, a photographer in Beaconsfield. It was fun and we got some good shots of the four of us, as a family, and of Cooper & Spicy together. Can't wait to see the final product. Another little Havanese that we know was also getting her Christmas photo taken. Very special to be able to do this.

Now, let's talk about my hubby. He was a model at his photography class a week ago last Sunday. He was told that he is very photogenic. I agree, which is why his "portrait" is the first picture of my blog. The topic of the class was how to use natural light for portraits. Kind of cool!

A little bit of news about my mom. She is still at the Lakeshore Hospital waiting to be admitted at the rehab center. This could take another week or two, we don't know. In the meantime, there is a bit of rehab being done but not a whole lot. She is very tired, both mentally and physically. Tough times for her, my dad and all of us.

That's it for my blog today. I hope you all have a great week!

Hold that pose....got it!
Who knew Russell was a natural
born model?

Christmas basket by the front door!

The front yard Japanese maple is
still holding its leaves.

The new TV zone upstairs...seems that Cooper and Spicy
approve central to the kitchen...what more could they ask.

Cooper stands on guard while Spicy catches a quick nap.

Backyard wind chime
a long time member of our
family.





2 comments:

  1. If Spicy was not heeling for you she is certainly being stubborn. She heeled perfectly in the ring. She has this fun challenging streak in her as if she is playing with you. Heh got to love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Spicy is testing you Anne. I have seen her perform in the ring when she received the biggest prize ribbon that I have ever seen. No matter how well they are schooled, sometimes they decide not today. I am sure that you will convince Spicy that it is fun, just like you convinced Cooper.

    ReplyDelete