Pageviews l

Sunday 19 November 2017

Hoping and Praying

Hi everyone. A very bleak day all around.  It rained today,  a few snow flakes here and there. A typical November day. Our day has also been sombre. My mom was transferred back to ICU this morning. Her condition is critical. At this point, we can only hope and pray.

Ironically, on Friday, mom's admission to the rehab centre came but she had a set back and couldn't be released from the hospital. My dad, brother, sister and I have come to terms with her condition. Truly heart wrenching, that's all I can say.  I just came back from seeing mom and despite having the CPAP mask on, she was able to speak and she was quick to say that she loves us all. She is not ready to leave us and her very sick heart just keeps on ticking. Her birthday is coming up on the 28th, hoping we can have a little celebration with her.

Needless to say that we are going through some difficult times. Somehow Christmas doesn't sound very appealing right now but we will get through this. Russell knows how much I love decorating the house and listening to Christmas music.... despite everything, I will do my very best to make Christmas happen in our home.

On that note, on Thursday, we got the Christmas stockings that we ordered for ourselves and our two pooches.  Today, we got our family Christmas photos. They are beautiful! So, some happy moments are happening even through tough times.

That's it for my blog today. I wish you all a wonderful week. My thoughts and prayers are for my mom. Good night maman, we love you!


Spicy and Cooper alerted us to the leaf-blowers
across the street...ever vigilant on the front porch even
though having a bad hair day!
New Christmas stockings for the Duncan clan ready
to be filled and hung with care.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this very sad news about your Mother's health. I understand how this news hurts. I hope that your Father is holding up under this strain. I wish the best for you and your family. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Let your 'pups' help you get through these tough times.
    I love the 4 stockings. Take some sheer from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Am So Very Soory To Hear About Your Maman...Having Gone Through It With My Father...One Month Ago...My Heart Cries For You Both...So,I'm Sending Prayers And Lot's Of Love And Light From Within...Hang-on To Eachother...And Take Good Care Of Eachother...!! Much Love And Respect To You And Your Family...!! Josée XX

    ReplyDelete