Pageviews l

Sunday 29 October 2017

A weather bomb for today

Happy Sunday to all! A wet day for us. We have a couple of weather warnings issued at the moment, rain and wind. According to what we have been reading in the news, this weather event is called a "weather bomb", apparently a normal occurrence in the Fall due to the contrast in temperatures. So far, this bomb hasn't been that bad but we are expecting lots and lots of rain with very high winds tonight. We seem to be in a lull now, the rain has stopped. It may not be a bomb after all LOL!

We are not complaining as the month of October has been so spectacular. Even yesterday, we had sunshine and temperatures of 18 celsius.  I got some good yard work done, prepping for the Winter. Russell and I sat on our deck until 6:30 last night. It was so nice!

So, today is a day to get some house work done. While Russell was at his photography class this morning, I did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and prepped a few meals for the week. I then visited my mom at the hospital. She was transferred from ICU to a regular room on Friday. She is a strong woman who doesn't give up. She is looking quite good and her spirits are excellent. She now needs to regain her strength, not having walked for two full weeks. We will know more this week what the next steps are in her recovery.

Our little girl Spicy celebrated her 7th birthday on Friday. She tells us she had a great day, filled with fun, love, a walk in the park and lots of little treats. She shared her cake with Cooper, how sweet is that.  Yesterday, I started training with the Spice girl. She did really well. I did this class with Coop last year so I have a little more knowledge under my belt. There were 8 dogs in total, all big except for Spicy and a Jack Russell puppy. The big dogs, and their barking, didn't bother her in the least. I was very pleased with how she conducted herself. Well done Spicy!

Coop and I had fun at his training class last Tuesday. There were lots of agility type exercises and he did really well. Good boy Coopster!

This coming week should be relatively quiet. Tuesday night, we will give out Halloween candies to the kiddies. I will be glad to finally give away all those mini chocolate bars that I bought way too early....I think I've had more than my fair share of those little gems!

I leave you with a few Fall pics, a couple of Spicy's birthday, two from Iceland (the last of those photos) and one that I took this morning. I caught Coop & Spicy just staring at me, as if they wanted something...hmmm.  Have a great week everyone, November is just around the corner.


A splash of brilliant Fall color on the maple in our
front-yard, as the sun was rising yesterday.

A 10 shot panorama to capture the Fall color
and the Lake of Two Mountains as
seen from Jack Layton Park in Hudson.

Spicy was the birthday girl this week and she gobbled
up the cookie that was on top of her cake...it was
lip smacking good!

Spicy graciously shared her cake with Cooper and she
even managed to show Coop how to take a big bite!
Spicy and Cooper were staring at me this morning...OK, what's next, it's pouring out there! 

Hallgrimskirkja (a Lutheran Church) dominates
the main street in Reykjavik.

The Perlan Planetarium is due to open soon,
this image was taken from our hotel room.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for sharing the great photos. Wishing your Mom continues her recovery. Possibly lots of physio after not walking for several weeks. As you said, she is a strong woman. We are all hoping and praying for the best for your Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete