Pageviews l

Sunday 22 October 2017

Positive thoughts for my mom

Happy Sunday to all! What a beautiful week we just had, weather wise. It doesn't get any better than this, especially at this time of year. Once again, I find myself writing my blog outside, with no patio heater on. How nice!

This past week was a bit of a roller coaster for us and my family. I mentioned in last Sunday's blog that my mom was admitted to the hospital. We were hoping she would be there for just a few days but on Wednesday, she was transferred to the intensive care unit. Yesterday, her condition started to improve to the point where she was going to be transferred out of ICU but her condition deteriorated early this morning so she is still in ICU. Things looked pretty grim but, once again, my mom decided that she wasn't giving up and her condition, although precarious, is now stable.  Despite having a CPAP mask on (continuous positive airway pressure), she is able to talk and she said to us this morning, we can't give up. So, we take it one day at a time and keep sending those positive thoughts mom's way. That's all we can do. My dad is doing as well as can be. He came over on Friday for Chinese food. It was a good distraction for him and Coop & Spicy gave him some good doggie therapy.  My siblings and I have been making him little meals so he doesn't have to cook.

So, our week was so so but such is life. On Tuesday, I had my weekly training with Cooper and it was fun, as always. Russell and I went to the gym a few times but I will admit,  I'm not really in the mood for working out. That's OK.

Who knows what this coming week will bring...but the one thing that we know for sure is that Miss Spicy's birthday is on Friday. She will be 7. I will post photos of her birthday in next week's blog. I also start Obedience Class with her on Saturday. Totally looking forward to it!

That's it for this week's blog. I leave you with a few pics that we took while on a walk yesterday. We practiced "recall" with both dogs and it was fun... they did extremely well.  Have a great week everyone! Mom, hang in there. We love you!


Me and the precious ones...Cooper and Spicy by the
Lake in Pointe Claire.

Cooper in full flight.

Cooper launches his recall...zero to 60 in 2 seconds.

Spicy going airborne on her recall launch.

Spicy slowing to a blur as she gets to me.

Sailing into Fall on Lake St Louis....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Positive thoughts and prayers going out to all of you. I pray that your Mom rallies again.

    ReplyDelete