Pageviews l

Sunday 8 October 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Sunday and Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope you are all enjoying this special day. We all have our different reasons for being thankful. No matter what they are, today is a day to just say thanks, period. There is so much bad stuff going in the world right now. Very sad. So, Russell and I are thankful for what we have as a couple, but also thankful for sharing our lives with two precious dogs who bring us more joy and comfort than one could ever wish for.

This past week was good and busy as usual. On Monday, Spicy's sister, Missy, visited us, with her human parents. It was a wonderful reunion. Missy is one year older than Spicy, roughly. Linda and Bob brought lunch...a smoked meat platter with all the trimmings from Moe's. Can you believe this was my first smoked meat ever!  It was so yummy!

My Tuesday training with the Coop was awesome. So much fun and I nailed the "agility moves" on the first try. WooHoo! Truly, I so enjoy this training and so does Cooper. We have been practicing and today we worked outside...different environment, different distractions.  I can't wait to do the same with Spicy once I'm done doing Obedience with "Little Miss Muffet" as we so endearingly call her.

Yesterday, we had Auntie Lorraine and cousin Valerie over for dinner.  We had a wonderful evening, filled with laughter and fun stories about the past. We also reminisced about Russell's mom, auntie Lorraine's sister, who passed away 4 years ago. We had our Thanksgiving turkey and all the trimmings.  It was delicious. I must say, I make a good turkey, and Coop & Spicy thought it was totally delish. A little tidbit about our bird:  it is a tradition in Russell's family to name the turkey after someone who has made an interesting impression on us...not necessarily the best impression I might add. So we thought long and hard, not really, and decided to name our turkey Donald.  In hindsight, our turkey was way too delicious to be worthy of such a name.

Today, my brother and father came over for a drink. My mom wasn't feeling well so she wasn't able to make it. It was nice to get together just the same, even for a little time.  The weather was nice and warm so we sat outside. I wonder how many more warm days we have in store.

This coming week will be busy and I will get ready for my friend Eve's visit on Friday. It will be nice to see her, it's been a while and we have a lot of catching up to do. I can't wait for her to meet Spicy. I booked us class for Saturday morning at Orange Theory. That will give us "plenty of room" to splurge later on in the day :-)

That's it for my blog today. I leave you with a couple of photos from Iceland and some doggie pics. Enjoy the Thanksgiving festivities and have a great week!


Cooper and Spicy wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving!

Beautiful Missy came to visit her sister Spicy...
Missy's human parents spoiled us with lunch!

Cousin Valerie and Auntie Lorraine joined Cooper, Spicy,
Russell and myself for Thanksgiving dinner and wonderful
conversation.

The rugged coastline of Southern Iceland.

The famous arch on the South coast of Iceland.













No comments:

Post a Comment