Pageviews l

Sunday 29 January 2017

January blahs, no more

Happy Sunday everyone!  Another quiet January week has come and gone.  We were supposed to have a huge snowstorm last Tuesday.  We woke up to some freezing rain followed by a little snow, about 5 cm.  We had a snow day anyway and cocooned all day.  I love those days once in a while.

The rest of the week was uneventful.  We really didn't do much except slowly get ready for our upcoming trip.  I haven't started packing yet but I'm sorting out what to bring.  We typically travel fairly light but this time we will be gone for 13 nights so we need a bit more clothes.

On Wednesday afternoon, it was dull and rainy so I decided to go to the mall to see if I could find anything for the beach.  Those who know me well know that I hate shopping.  I usually go to a store with a purpose. If I can't find what I'm looking for, I'm quickly out of there.  Wednesday was no different. I went to my usual stores, didn't find anything and walked out.  I was about to go back home when I spotted the Victoria's Secret store....I thought to myself, I wonder what it's like inside the store.  I had never set foot in a VS store before.  I figured, what have I got to loose!  Worse case, I will do like I always do, take a quick peak and walk out.  Well, to my great surprise, I spent one whole hour in the store and, with the help of a very nice sales person, left with a bag full of goodies. I literally felt like a kid in a candy store. All I can say is that it was a fun and wonderful shopping experience.  To be honest, I debated whether I would share this in my blog but I thought why not spice things up a little.  Oh, and a huge thanks to my hubby for suggesting, quite a while ago I might add, that I go to that store. Of course, at the time, I said, are you crazy?  So, a dull and rainy Wednesday turned out to be pretty amazing.  And guess what? I went back on Friday for more goodies!

Russell and the Coop are good.  Yesterday, we went for a walk at Morgan Arboretum.  It was a cloudy day but nice nonetheless.  Although dogs are allowed off leash at all times, we always keep Cooper on a lead.  Yesterday proved to be the right thing to do.  At the end of our walk, as we were approaching our car, a dog off leash came running towards Coop in a very unfriendly and aggressive manner.   Good thing Coop was not running free. Needless to say that a few words were exchanged between the dog owner and us.

A quiet Sunday for us and Mom and Dad came over for lunch. It was nice to see them and to catch up on things.  I wish you all a great week.  Groundhog day on Thursday.  I wonder what the little rascal has in store for us.



Anne and Cooper on the trail in
Morgan Arboretum.

Along pine lined trail in
Morgan Arboretum.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Anne! Nice to have fun things that make you feel good. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete