Pageviews l

Sunday 8 January 2017

A quiet January week

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you've all had a good start to the new year. Our weather has been all over the map....rain, snow, warm, cold, not your typical January weather, but then again, there is no such thing anymore as having "typical" weather.  Right now, we have a Smog Warning in effect, go figure. Today is a bit cold and I hear rain is on the way for Thursday.  Oh well, just a few months to go until Spring.  The days sure are getting longer and when the sun is out, it is even more noticeable.

Our week was good and quiet.  We put away our Christmas decorations last Monday and within a couple of hours, our house was back to normal.  We were thinking back about the holiday season and how quickly it came and went.  So much preparation and it's all over in a matter of days.  This year though we got to see everyone in our immediate family, including Russell's sister Darlene, Dave and Sara.  We hadn't seen them in a long time so it was really nice to get together and take the time to catch up.  Cooper was a good host and he got all the attention that he wanted, and more..... he is such a card!

Although this past week was quiet, we resumed our gym routine and our daily walks.  We watched a few movies and even booked our Fall trip...the one I mentioned in my blog last week.  We call this trip our 35th anniversary adventure....we will be going to Iceland.  We originally had planned on going to Italy but we're saving that for my 60th birthday (I'm not telling when that is..hehehe).  So, Iceland it will be and we are very much looking forward to it.  Russell can't wait to discover the many photography opportunities that this trip will offer.  I can't wait to try out the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa....my skin feels soft just thinking about it.

Today is a quiet day. I visited my parents this morning and brought them some soup that I made yesterday. We decided not to walk today, feeling kind of lazy. Russell is watching some football, Cooper is napping after a play session with his daddy. As for me, I am trying to finish a book that I started about three months ago.  A busy week ahead for us with a few appointments.  I also will be attending a retirement lunch for a former co-worker.  Really looking forward to it.  I leave you with some random pictures taken this week.  I wish you all a great week.


Even snowmen/women like to sit on a bench in the sun on a
wonderful day in Summerlea Park.

The patio furniture is well covered and waiting for Spring.

Cooper in one of his favorite spots...on the bed...
he is ready to nap. Now where is daddy?

Cooper says....You looking at me?!


No comments:

Post a Comment