Pageviews l

Sunday 20 November 2016

We're ready...for Winter

Happy Sunday everyone!  Not a pretty day out there, raining cats and dogs with a little snow on the way tonight.  Oh well, it was bound to happen.  With just about 10 days left in this month, I think we're doing quite well, weather wise.

This past week was a good one, kind of busy but in a nice way.  The weather was simply beautiful and we took advantage of it.  We cleaned up our garage, put the patio umbrellas away and our shovels are ready to go.  I got our Winter gear out of the basement closet, boots and all ready to be worn if need be.  Even the Coop's Muttluk's booties are out.  We're not sure what Winter will look like in La Belle Province, compared to Huntsville.  I assume less snow and not as cold but who knows.  We are still in the habit of looking up the weather forecast in Huntsville.  It's been pretty good, just like here.

I went to my new gym three times last week.  I really enjoy it and the workout is totally different than what I'm used to.  It's a combination of cardio and weight training and the workout changes every day...that's a good thing, I tend to get bored easy with the same routine.

On Thursday, mom and I went out for lunch.  It was a nice outing for both of us and we truly enjoyed it.  My mom's birthday is coming up so it was a little early celebration.  On that note, Russell, Coop and I are hosting a birthday dinner for mom this coming Saturday.  It will be nice for the family to get together for such a special occasion.

Cooper and I continue to enjoy our Obedience Training.  We do our homework during the week and it's paying off.  I will admit that most of what we are learning is nothing new to us but it's good to reinforce the basic commands.  Graduation will be on December 10.  We will ask Russell to come and maybe take a photo or two.  I include a photo that I took of Cooper yesterday afternoon after class. He was totally whacked out!

That's it for this week's blog.  I leave you with beautiful photos that Russell took of the Super Moon last Monday.  He, and about 80 other people, gathered in Pointe-Claire by the waterfront so that they could capture the moon in its glory.  Have a great week everyone!

The sun about to dip below the horizon on Lac St. Louis,
the evening of the Super Moon.

...and now the sun has dipped below the horizon.

Super moon just emerging above the skyline
of Montreal.

A little higher and a distinct haze blankets,
Montreal. 

The moon clearly above Montreal...St Joseph Oratory can be
seen to the left and downtown lights in the center.

A tired dog is a good dog...so says the Coop post
training.

No comments:

Post a Comment