Pageviews l

Sunday 13 November 2016

A beautiful November day!

Happy Sunday everyone!  Here we are at the start of another week, hopefully one that will not bring the same kind of turmoil that last week brought.  For those of you who like to play cards (we don't), I guess you can relate to the power of the trump card.  Needless to say that the US election results were a shocker for most people.

On  a better and more refreshing note, today is another beautiful day.  We couldn't ask for a better November.  More of the same on the way this week.  We spent a lot of time outdoors today, doing a last cleanup before Winter sets in.  I planted daffodil bulbs for the first time ever.  I look forward to seeing those little beauties in the Spring.

We had a nice and quiet week.  On Tuesday, we decided to go up North and retrace our steps to both my aunt Rita's chalet and Russell's grandfather Watkin's cottage.  We first went to Ste-Adele and sure enough found my aunt's place which she owned well before I was born.  She sold it a long time ago, before I met Russell.  I remembered there was a big rock by the water and it's still there.  It brought back a lot of wonderful childhood memories. Then, we drove to Lac des Iles, Ste-Marguerite,  and found Russell's grandpa's cottage.  It looked like Russell remembered it, more or less.  Wonderful childhood memories for Russell also.  It was a great day for a trip down memory lane.  On that note, last week marked five years since Coop came into our lives. The best years! I thought I would include this photo of the Coop and I at puppy training back then.

Yesterday, we had Russell's auntie Lorraine over for dinner with her daughter Valerie, who is visiting from Calgary. Val and Russell hadn't seen each other for over 40 years.  It was so nice for me to finally meet her and for Russell to be able to talk about the good old days.

So, we've been here a little over 4 months now and I'm on my third hairdresser.  I think this one is a keeper. I hope so. I am so darn picky! I'm also on my third gym.  I just joined Orange Theory in Pointe-Claire.  I wasn't challenged enough at Gold's Gym and Energie Cardio (another gym that I tried) is closing.  I think Orange is the way to go for me.  I've had two classes so far and it seems to be everything I'm looking for and more.  Let's hope so.

That's about it for this week's blog.  I leave you with a photo that Russell took of a Larch tree that we have in our backyard.  So beautiful to look at from our kitchen window.  We also took a few photos up North. I wish you all a great week!


Our larch finally decided to change needle color!

Anne's Aunt Rita's chalet in St Adele.

The famous big rock at Rita's chalet in St Adele.

Grandpa Watkin's cottage, he built it all himself at least
70 years ago!
Anne and Cooper at puppy class 5 years ago...
he is a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment