Pageviews l

Sunday 27 November 2016

Four weeks today!


Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you all had a great week.  Ours was good and it brought the first snow fall of the season.  It was all pretty when we woke up Monday morning and the texture of the snow was just perfect for the making of snowballs on Cooper's coat... yikes.  Coop really enjoys the snow and takes great pleasure in doing his "run-like-hell" around the back yard.  Russell and I just watch him, smile, and take great pleasure in removing those snowballs :-)  I am happy to say that the snow is all gone now, so back to grass and muck.

We're slowly getting ready for Christmas. I looked at the calendar just a few minutes ago and realized that Christmas is in four weeks today.  I haven't started my baking yet but my outdoor Winter pots are done and they look nice. Hopefully they will last well into March.  After I finish my blog, I will do the Christmas tree in the living room.  It is my tradition to always put up our tree the last Sunday of November, with some holiday music in the background to put me in the mood.  This year, we have two special ornaments for Cooper. I will have to take photos of them when they are hung up.  I'm sure he will love them to pieces!

Last night, we had my family over for dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday, which is tomorrow.  It's the first time in a very long time that Russell and I  actually get to celebrate her birthday in person so it is very special.   I thought I would include a few photos of her in my blog.  The group photo is somewhat blurred but a nice memory to have anyway.

This coming week will be a busy one for us.  We are off to Toronto for a little getaway on Thursday.  First stop will be at Camp Talemaker where Cooper will be spending three nights.  It will be nice to see Darlah and Nathan again and for the Coop to spend time with his Havanese buddies.  Russell and I will be spending the night in TO.  Friday, we're off to Niagara-on-the-Lake.  We will take part in the annual Candlelight Stroll through the historical town and stay the night. NOTL is such a beautiful place at this time of year.  We look forward to it. We will cap off our getaway by having dinner with my good friend Eve on Saturday night.  It will be nice to see her again.  Sunday, we pick up the Coop and drive back to Quebec.  So, a busy but fun and festive few days ahead.

That's about it for this week's blog.  Gotta go trim the tree!  Have a great week everyone et Bonne Fete Maman demain!

Happy Birthday Maman!

For the great cook she is....oven mitts.

Blowing out the candles on her birthday cake...
First snow of the season...Cooper loves it, us not so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment