Pageviews l

Sunday 30 December 2012

Oh Deer.....

Not sure if this means that the holidays are almost over, but our friendly neighbours, the deer, have been eating away at our outdoor Christmas tree.  They have been coming everyday, many times throughout the day and even at night, and they take chunks of our Douglas Fir tree and just eat it up!  I must say it is fascinating to watch from our kitchen window.  We've even had Cooper sitting on the counter top so he could watch. He is also fascinated by the sight and doesn't make a peep.  I attach four pictures that Russell took yesterday. He has appropriately captioned them.....

I hope you all had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to all of you.  As for us, we had a quiet Christmas, not as "merry" as I was hoping for.  My Mom took sick on December 23 and has been in the hospital ever since.  She is quite ill.  Needless to say that Christmas was emotional for all of us, especially for my Dad.  I will be travelling to Montreal this week to see my Mom and give support to my Dad.  I do not know what the prognosis looks like but I do know that she has a long road ahead of her. I pray that she recovers and that the new year brings her and our family brighter days.

During my absence, Russell and Cooper will hold fort in Huntsville.  The "boys" will hang out and keep each other company.  Despite these difficult times, Cooper always manages to bring a smile to our faces and for that, we are grateful.

I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!

Not me....I didn't eat a thing...seriously...it was the other two!

The 'tree' amigos......

Not M&M's...not Glossettes...yep, deer processed Douglas Fir!

A relaxing nap on the berm chewing their cud post the Christmas tree feast.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing these gorgeous photos! Great captions too!LOL The deer look so wonderfully healthy-Douglas Fir Trees must be a healthy snack!LOL
    So sorry to hear your Mom is ill Anne. Will pray for her recovery and strength for both you and your Dad. I hope the New Year brings better times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!! Take Care Anne as you attend to you Mom and Dad. Will be praying for you and yours. Mark and I wish you a most Happy New Year. Hope to have a play date with the dogs as soon as able. Again, Take Care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete