Pageviews l

Sunday 23 December 2012

Merry Christmas! Joyeux Noel!

Here we are, just a few days before Christmas.  In Huntsville, it will be a white one for sure!  We  got about 10 centimetres of snow on Friday, a few more to come today.  It is truly a winter wonderland outside, the trees are covered with snow and the deer continue to slowly nibble at our outdoor Christmas tree.  As for the indoor tree, Cooper has lost complete interest in it.  He doesn't even try to nibble at the ornaments.  Good for the Coop!

Yesterday, we went for a nice walk in the neighbourhood.  It was sunny and cold but we were dressed for it.  Cooper had his fleece lined Muttluks on and was comfortable.  There was no need to put his coat on.  I am saving this for the -20 temperatures!

This past week was uneventful.  Like everyone else, we had errands to run and things to do.  We watched a few Christmas movies on TV and I baked a few more cookies.  Last Sunday, we had some neighbours over for drinks and nibbles.  It was very nice and Cooper was a good host.  Yesterday, the Winter 2013 edition of Our Homes Magazine, Muskoka, came out and we got to read the article about our house.  Once I have the link, I will include it in a future blog. It is kind of fun to read about ourselves in a magazine!

It will be a quiet Christmas, just the three of us, our first Christmas in our new home.  As I am writing this blog, I can't help but think of the families who have lost some loved ones or who are going through some difficult times.  Christmas is not always a happy time for many and can also be emotional even at the best of times. Having said this, I wish you all the very best for Christmas.

Anne and Cooper stroll down Forest Hill Lane...everyone has boots on and fur trimmings!
I include a picture of the Coop and I taken yesterday during our walk.  I also include a video that Russell put together yesterday.  Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours Anne. Love your home, it is beautiful. Just might go up and visit Huntsville. It look beautiful and we have not been there. Mark loves log homes and would love to own one some day. Me being a city girl, not sure I could, but you never know. I may try those boots on Colby and Brie. They look really neat and may help keep them dry. It will also be a quiet Christmas for us. Just the four of us and 3 cats and 2 dogs. Well, maybe not that quiet. My family lives on the East Coast and Mark's on the West Coast. Christmas on our own for ~ 27 years. That's military life. Love reading your Blog. Take Care!!
    Jane W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,

    whenever you want to come up for a drive, just call me (will give you my home number via facebook message). It's a nice drive and not that far from Barrie. If you want to come up during the holidays, we're home. The doggies can play in the snow or in the house. I have spare Muttluks! Take care

    ReplyDelete