Pageviews l

Sunday 2 July 2023

Strawberry season!

Good Sunday morning everyone! Hope everybody had a good Canada Day. Ours was quiet and very nice despite some rain and thunder. We can't believe that we are in July already. As our friend Pat said, where did May and June go?

This past week was good and seems like a blur to me. Sometimes, when I write my blog, I ask myself "what did we do last week" and I can't remember LOL! 

What I do remember is buying some wonderful Quebec strawberries at Le Marche de l'Ouest last Tuesday. They are sweet, juicy and simply delicious. I gave them a vinegar and water bath when I got home and stored them in the fridge. They are still good looking as of this morning. Yesterday, I made a lovely strawberry crisp for Canada Day. Yummy!

Everybody is doing fine. Cooper had some blood work done on Thursday to check his kidney function.  His electrolytes are "low end of normal" and that is likely the best it's going to be. The potassium sparing diuretic, in combination with the furosemide, is keeping things stable. We will redo the blood work every few months. Otherwise, the Coop is good and eating well. Our Spicy is doing well also. She now appears to be partially deaf in the other ear. It doesn't seem to bother her and she follows Cooper's lead when it's time to bark! Russell and I waive our arms and hands and she comes running! Spicy is happy and that's all that matters. 

One day last week, I was chatting online with another Havanese mom. She owns Tre. As we were exchanging, we found out that Tre and Cooper are related. Tre's dad (Phantom) is Cooper's dad's son....so that makes Cooper, Tre's uncle...you got all that? It's pretty cool. Russell, who loves ancestry stuff, has been looking at the genealogy of our pooches using the Havanese Pedigree website. Very interesting to see how some of the dogs are all related. 

We had a couple of walks last week. It is still hazy out there but no smell of smoke like last Sunday. 

That's my blog for this first Sunday of July. Have a great week everyone!

A bounty of Quebec strawberries, so delicious!


When you have strawberries, you make a crisp!


Pill time al fresco.


Nothing better than deck time in comfort.


Cooper has renewed interest in his
chews and playing fetch with them.


Time for a little snooze.


Spicy enjoys her nap time inside in the 
comfort of her bed and blanket.


Spicy in her favourite chair...actually
they are all her favourites.


Smoke on the water....as seen from 
Edgewater Park on our walk.


My view from the stationary bike...the snuffle
monsters at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment