Pageviews l

Sunday 16 July 2023

A rainy morning

Happy Sunday everyone! An early start for us, as always. We woke up to a very dark sky that just opened up....we have a weather statement that is calling for thunderstorms and lots of rain. 

This past week was good. We managed to get a few walks in with the pooches. I also got the cones out and created a maze for them. It had been a while and no one missed a beat. They had fun.

On Thursday, we had a nasty storm. Lots of rain and thunder. We lost power for 24 hours, from about 3:45 in the afternoon. Our generator kicked in no problem. The following morning, with the power still out, we placed a call to have our propane tank topped up. Now we have a full tank should we need it again. Some people were still without power yesterday. It's been a bad year for power outages in the Montreal area. 

Our garden is looking good. The daylilies are beautiful, the purple coneflowers are just starting to bloom. Next will be the rudbekias...yikes, that's how I know that July is coming to an end. Our basil is looking the best it's ever looked. 

Yesterday, we got some yard work done. Russell cut down many tree branches that were hanging over our roof. Yep, he got on that ladder and did a good cleanup. I bagged everything, ready for yard waste pick up tomorrow. We also picked up the many apples that have already started to fall from those apple trees in our backyard. They make such a mess and get in the way of cutting the grass. 

Cooper and Spicy are doing well. We found them on the guest bed the other day, just chilling. I happened to have my phone with me so I captured that moment. I thought they looked so cute...but then again, they always do 💗 

Yesterday, I made a blueberry breakfast cake, super moist, made with ricotta cheese and lemon zest.  I don't bake often in the Summer but I came across this recipe and it looked too good to pass. My brother is coming for coffee this morning....it will be a nice little treat. 

That's my blog for today. A rainy day, maybe a day for doing nothing. I wish you all a great week!

A daylily in bloom in our backyard garden.


The basil looking lush and tasty.


Daylilies and shasta daisies.

Another beauty


In yard surveillance mode or is it nap time.


The BFFs snuggling on the guest bed.


The happy and ever smiling Duo.


Must be time to eat, these two are in prime 
position for crumbs or a hand out.





No comments:

Post a Comment