Pageviews l

Sunday 23 July 2023

A birthday to remember

Happy Sunday everyone! A beautiful sunny morning for us, lots of sunshine and warm temperatures on the way as we enter the last full week of July. Let's make the most of it!

Today is the day after I turned the BIG 65. I don't feel any different other than being totally grateful for my lovely husband who organized a surprise afternoon cocktail party with the family. How Russell pulled this off without my knowledge is still a mystery. Not much gets past me but this one did! 

I woke up on my birthday at the usual time, 5:15 am. I gave Cooper his first pill of the day and took him out. It was raining a bit. The Coop and I went back to bed, Spicy and Russell were still sleeping like babies. We all got up around 6 am. While sipping on coffee, I started reading the many birthday greetings that arrived during the night from my friends from across the pond. Always nice to keep in touch throughout the year, even nicer on a birthday. 

The rest of the day was going to be spent just chilling. Dinner was simple: a charcuterie board, something I like to have on my birthday every year, no cooking involved. Russell suggested that we go to the pub in Pointe-Claire Village for a drink around 3 pm. I didn't really feel like it as it meant that I had to dress up a little LOL! But I warmed up to the idea especially since by then the sun was out so it meant sitting on the terrasse.  

I was sitting on the deck, looking at all the Barbie hype on Instagram....not that I care about Barbie but I do like pink as a colour! Then at 3pm sharp, through the backyard gate, came my brother, our two nephews James and Sean, and Sean's girlfriend Julie. Cooper is the one who alerted me of their presence. I was totally floored. Russell was quite pleased with himself.  How did he manage the food? Well, he ordered canapes and tapas from a local bakery, La Premiere Moisson. He left the house at 1:30 ...he said he had to gas up the car. He managed to put everything in the fridge, I never saw a thing as I was on the deck the whole time. He had Prosecco chilling away and got amazing macarons as a birthday cake. 

It was a wonderful afternoon filled with emotions, happy tears and laughter. A birthday I will never forget. Everybody left around 6 pm. We had our charcuterie board later that evening. 

This morning, as I reflect on yesterday, I feel truly blessed. I have the most wonderful and thoughtful husband. I have the best doggies who bring sunshine to my life every single day. Our family is rather small and we do not see them often so it was special to have them with me. Thank you Russell with all my heart 💖

This is my blog for today. We will finish this birthday weekend with a bang...barbecued chicken wings and potato skins for dinner! I leave you with a few photos taken yesterday and two pre-birthday pics of me with Cooper and Spicy. The rest of the day will be spent just chilling, as I had planned to do yesterday. I will peruse the cookbook that Julie got me, Mandy's Gourmet Salads. Russell and the kids got me a new iPad Air. Russell will get it going this morning. 

Enjoy your Sunday. I wish you all a great week!

Making a wish....

Francois, James, Sean, Julie, Russell and the 
kids celebrating my birthday!


Cheers to another wonderful year.


Birthday treasures along with the wonderful
memories made.


Afternoon sunshine and the love
of Cooper, I love him to pieces.


Spicy is such a snuggle bug and 
I love her to bits.




No comments:

Post a Comment