Pageviews l

Sunday 16 January 2022

The calm before the storm

Happy Sunday everyone! Another cold but sunny day. When we took Cooper and Spicy out at 6:30 this morning, it was -26 C. They didn't seem to mind and both took their sweet time to do their business. Neither lifted their paws....when they do, we pick them up and bring them in. Russell and I couldn't wait to get inside and have a cup of hot coffee. The temperature is now a balmy -12. 

We are expecting our first big snow storm of the season tomorrow, us and our Ontario friends. It looks like the bulk of our snow will fall in the morning. That's a good thing as we can shovel a bit at a time.  I don't like waking up to a dump and have to rush out to clear a path for the pooches. 

This past week was good. Our only outings were a few walks and a trip to the vet. Coop & Spicy had some blood work done to check their kidney function, one month after starting their new heart medication. They both got excellent results. Cooper is still taking antibiotics every two days for his GI issues, the last pill will be on Thursday. Then we stop and see what happens. Fingers crossed that all will be under control.

Russell and I seem to be on a roll with our healthier eating habits. I've become more creative in adding more vegetables to our meals. I tried for the first time butternut squash noodles, very yummy. I like them better than spaghetti squash. I also bought a few Minneola Tangelos, so juicy and a bit tart. I will buy more this week. I've been making brussels sprouts slaw as a side dish...Russell quite likes it. This morning, I got a lot of food prep done for the week, I find it's a good way to stay on track.

Not much else is going on. We had a video chat with my brother this morning. It was good to catch up. Today is a big football day, the NFL Wild Card games. Tom Brady is playing now, and winning....gotta go watch the game.  I leave you with a few pics taken last week. Russell sent his frozen bubble photo to the Global Morning TV show and it was shown on Wednesday. Cool!

Have a great week everyone! 


A chilly walk with a super blue
sky at Edgewater Park.

Cooper loves his Christmas rat!


Spicy in full flight doing her version
of retrieve.


Cooper says "who's going downstairs with me".


Perfect snuggle time for these two.


Russell's frozen soap bubble made it
on air at Global TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment