Pageviews l

Sunday 30 January 2022

Bye Bye January!

Hello everyone! Last Sunday of January, yay! Now to get through February and we're good to go 😂Our weather today is sunny, a bit on the cold side but not bad. It's been a very cold month so hoping for a milder February.

This past week was uneventful except for Cooper's dental surgery on Friday. Russell dropped him off at 9 am and we both picked him up at 3 pm. Spicy held the fort while we were gone. All went well and Coop is recovering nicely. We have to soften his kibbles for the next 10 days and no hard chews or treats allowed during that time. We put away their enzymatic dental chews for now, much to their chagrin. If we could keep them separate, Spicy could have one but that's not the way we roll. They also can't have their beloved daily 3 pm crunchy dehydrated chicken treat. Not to worry. Instead, we are giving them a few freeze dried chicken pieces which I break apart into tiny flakes. They each get a little bowl and are happy as can be! I came up with that alternative yesterday. Just our way to keep a sense of normalcy for the next 10 days or so 💖

When our vet called on Friday to let us know that all went well, we booked Spicy's loose tooth extraction for February 21. We discussed it at length and decided that it is best to remove it rather than wait for it to potentially break or fall off, avoiding any possible complications. It's a very small tooth so it will be a quick procedure, albeit still requiring full anesthesia. 

Not much else is happening with us. Last Thursday, we had our bi-weekly video chat with Roland, our former neighbour from Mississauga. As always, it was nice to catch up with him. This morning, we chatted with my brother. 

Russell and I seem to be in a groove now with our good eating habits. I've been adding lots of vegetables to our meals and I've become creative in cooking them. Variety and flavour, two key ingredients 😋I also introduced Russell to a new grain...farro. He likes it a lot!

We haven't walked much with the pooches, maybe twice last week, just too cold for us and them. We will resume our daily walks this week.

That's my blog for today. Russell and the kids are napping now. They will wake up as soon as they hear me prep their 3 pm treat. Later we will watch football, the last two games before Super Bowl. I leave you with a few photos of Cooper & Spicy and one of Cooper with my dad. I found this photo on Friday and thought it was fitting as Saturday was my dad's 4th anniversary of his passing. He loved the Coop to pieces and I know that he was watching over him while he was getting his dental procedure done 😘

Have a great week everyone!


Where have all the chews gone....now
we just lounge hoping for their return.


How do you like my new hair-do!?


Think I'll just hide under this
blanket, no one can see me now.


Cooper post dental surgery...ready
to roll.


Cooper just had to ham it up with 
the vet tech...tongue out and all before
heading home.


Still a little sleepy post surgery and the pain meds
have just kicked in.


Cooper and my Dad, what a 
bromance they had!



No comments:

Post a Comment