Pageviews l

Sunday 9 January 2022

A typical January

Hello everyone and happy Sunday! I hope your first week into the new year was a pleasant one.

Our week was good and very quiet. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record when I say it was quiet ... what can I say. We are doing our part in limiting our contacts so we've cancelled a few personal care appointments that we had. Nothing that can't wait until next month. We haven't seen anyone except the odd neighbour here and there, a quick hello from across the street.

Our weather has been up and down the whole week...cold and warmish with a dusting of snow. We expect some frigid temps on Tuesday and warmer again later in the week. We are noticing that the days are getting longer, especially when we are in the living room. No need to turn lights on until almost dinner time. Very nice.

One day last week, we went down memory lane by looking at some old photos, some going back to before we got married. It was fun and it brought back some nice memories. We also moved our gym equipment to the spare bedroom downstairs. It is more cozy and better organized. That gave me the push I needed to resume my home workouts and it felt good. I'm currently doing a four week online strength training program with Obe Fitness, three times a week, 60 minutes each class. It is challenging and I'm enjoying it.  Russell and I also resumed our "better" eating habits. I made two delicious soups with the turkey stock and I introduced Russell to some healthy greens....swiss chard and beet greens. Success! All in all, a good start to the new year!

We've taken our pooches out for some walks by the lake and had some fun games with them in their playroom. Other than that, like us, they've had a quiet and lazy week, typical of January.

Nothing on the calendar for this coming week except a visit to the vet on Tuesday. Cooper & Spicy will get renal blood profile done, one month after starting Fortekor. Just routine to make sure all is good. 

That's my blog for today. Football is on the menu this afternoon for Russell, I will continue watching Bosch on Prime. Coop & Spicy's agenda is full...look out the front window, bark a little, nap a little, have a treat at 3 pm, then dinner at 5, a few trips outside. Busy pooches 😄

Have a great week everyone!


Some interesting ice formations on Lake
St. Louis on our walk with the pooches.

The snow made a lovely drape on the bench
in the backyard.


Cooper and Spicy love to lounge on "their" bed
and maybe have a chew.


Nothing better than a nap after 
lounging in the bedroom before
treat time.

No comments:

Post a Comment