Pageviews l

Sunday 27 June 2021

It's a hot one!

Happy Sunday everyone! We're experiencing another heat wave but the breeze is making it more bearable, in the shade that is. Looks like hot weather for the next few days.

All is good with us. We had a good week but interestingly enough, it felt long, possibly due to the St-Jean-Baptiste holiday on Thursday. On Friday, we thought it was Saturday...all our days were mixed up. 

Our pooches started their week with a bath on Monday, including pad/feet trims and nails. They got the full spa treatment. Then the rain came....

We got some yard work done, weeding, trimming branches, grass cutting. I also brought out the jumps and had some agility fun with Cooper & Spicy. They enjoyed it as much as I did. 

It goes without saying that we watched the hockey game on Thursday. Russell and the doggies went to bed before the end of the third period, I stayed up to watch the overtime. Lucky for me, it didn't last long but I was sitting on the edge of my seat for the whole 90 seconds or so. I have to say though, with so much going on in the world right now, specifically in our own country, and not all pandemic related, it is nice to be able to rejoice in the HABS upcoming Stanley Cup finals. We haven't had much to celebrate in the past 15 months, so this is a nice and pleasant distraction.

Because of the heat, we had a mid morning walk by the lake. It was nice and breezy. As I'm writing this blog, Russell is in the basement, where it is super cold, and is playing his guitar (s). Coop & Spicy are keeping me company on the deck. Dinner tonight will be simple...chicken kebabs and a greek salad. We will cook extra chicken for tomorrow night. Best to eat light in this heat. 

That's my blog for today. I hope you have all a wonderful week. Stay well and safe. The best of luck to our HABS tomorrow night!


Cooper and Spicy all lined up and 
ready to go!

Cooper loves to fly over the jumps!


Spicy lands with elegance between
jumps.


Hey...it is pouring rain...let us in!

 

Go HABS Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment