Pageviews l

Sunday 20 June 2021

A day to celebrate all Dads

Happy Father's Day to all the dads and doggie/pet dads out there! A special and loving thought to those dads who are no longer with us. Ours may be gone but they are forever in our hearts. We miss them always. Today, I join Cooper and Spicy in celebrating their human daddy. Russell loves them to the moon and back, the way he would if we had children. The bond that they share is very special. Thank you Russell for all that you do for our "kids" 💝

Today also marks the first day of Summer. It is a beautiful day too, hot and sunny. As we celebrate both Father's Day and the start of a new season, we also celebrate the fact that we are now a fully vaccinated family. I was fortunate to get my second shot last Monday, five weeks earlier than planned. It is a wonderful feeling!

This past week was relatively quiet. We had a day or two of on and off rain, which was welcome. I can't say enough about how happy we are to have installed the awning. No matter the weather, we are out there from morning until night,  in between doing other things of course 😊 

Last Thursday, I met up with my friend Lillian at the market. It was nice to be able to sit outside and chat for a while. We even took our masks off....there was enough distance between us and the other tables. I bought my second crate of local strawberries. They are especially good and sweet this year. I eat them for breakfast and throughout the day. I also made strawberry compote which is delicious with yogourt. Russell likes it a lot. 

It goes without saying that there is a buzz in the air these days in Montreal....hockey fever at its best! Our Habs are doing exceptionally well and it's very exciting. We wish them the best of luck tonight. We will be watching of course 👏

That's my blog for today. I don't have many photos this week, just a few snapshots of the pooches here and there. The main photo is of Russell with his beauties. I wish you all a wonderful week and, for my Quebec friends, a great St-Jean-Baptiste Day on Thursday. Stay well and safe!


Russell and his furbabies relaxing lakeside in
Baie-D'Urfe.


Cooper's new morning ritual

Spicy likes the cool morning patio pavers and 
Cooper agrees, it is nice and cool.


Spicy says, I need my paws
shaped...hair is pretty long, think I
have flipper paw! Russell came to her rescue yesterday!
e
Front door planter adds a nice splash of colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment