Pageviews l

Sunday 9 May 2021

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello everyone! I hope all mothers out there are having a wonderful day. For the second year in a row, depending on where you live, the pandemic might be in the way of being able to celebrate in person with your loved ones. Nonetheless, I wish you all a beautiful day. I'm wishing the same to all the fur-moms ๐Ÿ’–Cooper & Spicy showered me with a good dose of licks and kisses when I got up this morning....I consider myself extremely blessed to have these two in our lives. Russell and I are also thinking about our own mothers who are no longer with us, but always in our hearts. Finally, a special Mother's Day wish to our little Spicy....she is a mom to many beautiful pups, a grand-mother and great grand-mother to many more ๐Ÿ’–

Last week was a good one. We didn't do too much, a little bit of this, a little bit of that. Our weather is still on the cool side but we are spending a lot of time outside and continue to enjoy our deck. The forecast for this coming week is sunny with warmer temperatures. 

Yesterday, we got more yard work done. Russell cleaned the eavestroughs and I transplanted a bunch of day lilies to another spot. I went to the nursery just to to see what's available. I'm getting a little itchy about planting the herbs in our VegTrug...most likely in a couple of weeks. 

My big news this week:  yesterday, I booked our tickets for Barbados, April 2022. I decided to use up some of my Aeroplan points. Worst case, if we have to cancel, the points will go back in my account. We are, however, hopeful that we will be able to go, all things being equal. We haven't booked our hotel yet but I will send my friend at the Southern Palms reservation desk a note this week to let him know of our plans. Of course, we will request the same room as always...Room 309. This is our forward anchor,  something that we can look forward to.

This week will be a bit busy. On Tuesday, I have a dentist appointment to get fitted for a crown...with  my history of lock jaw and all, I'm not looking forward to this but I have no choice. The existing crown is probably 20 years old, has a small hole in it so it needs to be replaced. On Thursday, I have a much more relaxing appointment....for a pedicure ๐Ÿ˜Š

That's my blog for today. I will spend the rest of the day relaxing, maybe read a book. Cooper & Spicy are with us on the deck, watching the world go by. Russell will do cedar planked salmon for dinner, yum! I wish you all a great week. Stay well, stay safe!



Cooper and Spicy want to wish all the moms 
a Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day tulips from Russell
and the fur babies.


Spicy loves the cool grass and 
fresh Spring breeze.

Cooper getting ready to go for 
a run in the yard.


Cooper in his deck chair on yard watch...
where is that cat!?


Spicy with fashionable tussled hair!


Cooper sporting his comb over a la Donald...
what a handsome fellow!


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. The pooches add so much to life.

    ReplyDelete