Pageviews l

Sunday 30 May 2021

Goodbye May

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you're all having a nice weekend, the last one of May. Wow, I can't believe that June is upon us. Our weather is overcast today, warmish, 19 celsius. The past few days have been cooler than normal but sunny. I found myself sitting on the deck wearing my Uggs mini booties with the ever so soft plush lining, still wearing them today. I like my feet to be cozy 😊

We had a good and busy week. We did more work outside. I planted impatients and coleus in our new barrels that now sit on our front bed. They will fill in nicely in a few weeks and give us some nice colour. We really like the neat and tidy look of that area now, with the Riverstones and barrels. Our VegTrug is growing like crazy. I'm using the herbs as often as I can, especially in marinades and salads.

Yesterday, Russell got his second vaccine, 5 weeks sooner than originally booked. He is doing well and had a good night sleep. The government texted his QR code this morning with all the relevant data. I suspect that I might also get my second dose sooner, right now scheduled for July 14. It would be nice to get this out of the way. 

We've been watching the Montreal-Toronto playoff series. We were especially excited that Montreal was able to play at the Bell Centre last night in front of 2,500 fans. From what I read, the atmosphere was incredible, even more so since Montreal won! Go HABS GO! We will be watching game 7 tomorrow night.

Cooper and Spicy are doing well. They both had a bath this morning and are looking and smelling so good. Russell has it down to a science now. Well done honey!

That's my blog for today. Time to watch a couple of episodes of House of Cards. The pooches are napping, I think Russell will do the same soon. Have a great week everyone! Stay well and safe. 


Front bed all spruced up with Riverstones and
3 new whisky barrel planters with splashes of
colour.


Backyard whisky barrel planter, 
one of four, with different flowers


The VegTrug is growing like a weed! It seems to 
like its new location.


The Purple Martins at Edgewater Park - 
a project started in 2017 to bring back a 
species in decline.


The Purple Martin 'housing' project!



Cooper is doing double duty, BBQ assistant and
yard watch - he will be rewarded!


Spicy loves to snuggle and give
kisses!


Russell at Bob Birnie getting his
second COVID vaccine.


Cooper is always on alert and not much
goes on without his OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment