Pageviews l

Sunday 16 May 2021

A warm May Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone! What a gorgeous day we're having, hot and sunny. More of the same for this week, even hotter! 

This past week was a good one. My visit to the dentist went well despite the anxiety I felt about my jaw. Funny enough, the night before my appointment, I had one of my best sleeps in a long time. Go figure! 

On Wednesday, I bought all the herbs for the VegTrug. This year, I planted lots of cilantro and basil, some chives, dill, rosemary and Italian parsley. I also bought some mint and planted it in the ground. When we had the awning installed, we had to move the Trug. I quite like where it is now, close to water access and it gets more sun. We also got ourselves four hand-crafted oak whiskey barrels, very large and heavy, which I will fill with lots of colourful annuals. We got those barrels online, from a Canadian company called The County Cooperage, based in Carp. I will post pics when planting is done.

Russell continues to enjoy his electric guitar...so much so that he decided to get himself an acoustic guitar to match. He's becoming quite the musician! I took guitar lessons when I was a teenager so I may just try it out one day. 

I contacted our friend Stephen, the reservation manager at Southern Palms in Barbados, and we booked our hotel for April 2022...room 309, like always. Some things never change and that's a good thing. We are keeping our fingers crossed that our trip will materialize. 

Our crabapple tree was in full bloom last week, with the most flowers it's ever had! It's a good thing that Russell took a photo as most of the petals have already started to fall.....and Cooper & Spicy happily bring them in the house 😊

Yesterday, I went to the market to buy two planters for the front of our house. I met up with my friend Lillian and we walked through the many flower stalls.  It was nice to see her again. Hopefully next time we meet, the food court will be open again so that we can sit down and chat longer. Once I got home, we had a quick lunch. I then put on my work clothes and decided to pull out a crawling juniper that had been invading our patio for the past few years (it came with the house). It was deader than dead and a true eyesore. A couple of hours later, after lots of pulling and cutting, it was all gone. Russell gave me a big help by cleaning up and bagging everything. We then covered the area with lots of river stones. It is very neat now, just the way we like it. 

Our pooches are doing well. We had some nice walks with them last week but we didn't do any fitness or training. Too busy doing other things. Spicy's cave bed was finally delivered. I ordered it on Etsy and it came all the way from Poland. It is very well made and she loves it. Coop had fun with it when he first saw it but hasn't been near it since. 

Tomorrow is a big day...our sweet boy Cooper will be ten. I will post a birthday album on my Facebook page and will include a few photos in my blog next week. I am including in today's blog a photo that I found last week...Cooper when he was just one year old. We lived in Mississauga then and we decided to take him for a ride in the Corvette, for the first time. We vividly recall Coop tossing his cookies somewhere in Oakville....the Vet ride didn't quite agree with him, poor little guy.

Those are my little news. The rest of the day will be spent doing nothing. I am still recovering from yesterday's yard work. Have a great week everyone! Stay well, stay safe!



The backyard crabapple in full blossom after a 
few years of poor performance.

Planters in the two front pots add 
a nice splash of colour.


Spicy all fresh and fluffy post
bath..smells divine too!


Cooper looking regal after his
bath!


Spicy loves her cave bed whether burrowing
or stretching out on top.


Time has flown, Cooper and I in the Corvette 
going for a ride - nine years ago.  


The VegTrug is looking full and healthy, the 
new location seems to be just right.







1 comment:

  1. Anne you mentioned planting mint in the garden, it will spread everywhere unless the roots are controlled by a pot. It is very invasive.
    Have fun with Cooper on his tenth Birthday.

    ReplyDelete