Pageviews l

Sunday 7 March 2021

Welcome March!

Happy Sunday to all my friends! A gorgeous day in Beaconsfield today, lots of sunshine but a little on the cold side due to the wind. Unlike last Sunday, we didn't sit on our deck today, or all week for that matter. Our weather has been on the cool side, with some cold nights. 

Our first week of March was good and quiet. I sorted out our tax receipts, waiting on a couple more then I will drop them off at our accountant's office. I submitted the many veterinary receipts to our insurance company for reimbursement. It's a bit of a process, online, having to scan everything, getting the vet clinic to sign off on the claim forms, but it's all worth it. That's behind me now for a few months.

Our snow is slowly melting. Unlike last year though, we don't have ice in the backyard, so far. That's a good thing. Having said this, Russell put the crampons on our boots just to give us more grip. The doggie paths are well packed and hard but not icy. As for the snow banks, they have hardened quite a bit due to the colder weather and have become Cooper and Spicy's favorite place to roam around and do their business. It's been a tad problematic for Russell and I from a sinkage perspective.....trying to pick up after our pooches without sinking is next to impossible. That will change when our weather warms up this week. Our pooches will be smart enough to know that those snow banks are no longer safe to walk on....fingers crossed.

On the topic of snow paths, yesterday we had a bit of agility going on in the backyard. The Coop and the Spice girl had a ton of fun going over the jumps, back and forth. It was a great way to spend some time outside. Thank you Russell for capturing those moments. 

Our vaccination process seems to be going well. People age 70+ are now getting vaccinated. We suspect our turn will come sometime in April or May. Either way, it's good news and things are starting to really look up, especially with the newest approved vaccine.

I'm still watching Netflix's Scandal, 2-3 episodes per day. I simply can't stop. My friend Pat is way ahead of me so catching up to her is now impossible unless I binge watch. I haven't had any time to read books so I've got quite a stack of those waiting for me, as well as some unread books in my Kindle. My friend Lillian also dropped off a few about one hour ago. So many books to read, so little time. 

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week. Stay well and safe!


Cooper and Spicy enjoy the extra
high vantage point by climbing the 
hardened snow banks....
just don't poop there please!

Cooper loves to fly over the hurdles
in the backyard.

Cooper was leading the way with Spicy in 
hot pursuit over the hurdles.


Reward time for the pooches as they finished
running the course.

Cooper loves to fetch his dragon.

Spicy doing her "paws up" to get a 
treat after her morning grooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment