Pageviews l

Sunday 28 March 2021

Spring cleaning and lots of grooming

Hello everyone and Happy Sunday! A cloudy day for us, with a bit of rain. The kind of day to just chill, relax and catch up on my Netflix series, Scandal. I have two seasons left to watch, shouldn't take me too long. My fried Pat finished last week. I keep asking her to tell me how it ends but she refuses 😜

This past week was a good one and brought my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I got it on Wednesday and all went well. The process was flawless, in and out in 25 minutes. We both feel very good about this. 

Our weather really warmed up, especially on Thursday. The temperature was a balmy 22 celsius. We spent a good part of the afternoon on the deck, taking it all in but not before we got some major Spring cleaning done. Russell washed all the windows, inside and out. I washed the living room curtains in the bath tub. They came out super clean and smelling fresh. I also washed all the doggie blankets, our bedding and freshened up Russell's grooming room. 

This is the worst time of year in terms of trying to keep the little paws clean. Our snow is now all gone and the grass is very mucky. On Friday, with all the rain we got, we actually had puddles of water in the backyard. Spicy desperately tried to find a little patch of snow but there was none to be found. Cooper being Cooper loves to scratch each time he does his business.....he seems to really enjoy kicking up the grass and muck! Needless to say, we have to rinse out their paws many times a day. That's OK, we have a system and our pooches don't mind. This will all end once the grass is nice and lush. A small price to pay to have Winter behind us.

We ordered a rug for our deck, it should come this week. It will add a nice touch of brightness to our outdoor space. I'm hoping that pansies will be out soon, maybe for Easter weekend? I love pansies at this time of year.

Cooper and Spicy are doing well. They also had a good week and practiced some good routines. Coop is still trying to learn how to read....he hasn't caught on yet and is probably saying to himself "why learn how to read at my age"? On April 1, they start a new Spring Fitness Program with Fun Fit Canin. It will be a month filled with new exercises. They can't wait 😊

That's my blog for today. I leave you with some photos of our grooming salon, just for fun. I will now get comfortable in the living room and watch a few episodes of Scandal. I have a shepherd's pie ready for dinner. Russell is in the garage teak oiling our outdoor table and chairs. Our pooches are having a siesta. Their internal clock will wake them up around 2:45 or so....just in time for their 3 pm dehydrated chicken treat. 

I wish you all a great week, leading up to Easter weekend. Stay well and healthy!



The grooming station complete with table and
stand drier.


All the tools of the grooming trade, new 
addition is the cordless Dremel nail grinder.


The set tub is the perfect size for Spicy...
Coop needs a human size tub.


Cooper enjoys his paw spa...just a
quick dunk and done.

Spicy gets her "lady parts" washed
on a regular basis...
she likes to be squeaky clean.


All the comforts of home on the deck.
Spicy knows the best spots to chill.


Cooper always keeps an eye on the 
action in the yard. The new glass 
railing makes it easier.


To beat the sun and heat we had sunshades
installed with the awning...they work perfectly!




No comments:

Post a Comment