Pageviews l

Sunday 17 January 2021

Sunday Funday

Hello everyone and Happy Sunday! 

All is good with us and we had a nice week. The weather was beautiful and mild. We went for lots of walks and soaked up as much of the sun as we could. Yesterday, we woke up to the start of a nice little snow storm. We got a sizeable dump of wet, heavy snow. I quickly realized in the morning that shovelling paths in the backyard was out of the question...so my snowshoes came to the rescue! It was a very good workout and it did the job. I have to say that snowshoeing was much easier on my ticker than shovelling. 

I went to bed last night and my last thought before I fell asleep was...tomorrow I will build a snowman. It was a fun way to spend a Sunday morning. Cooper & Spicy were right there with me and Russell took photos. I wasn't sure what to use for the eyes and mouth. In the end, I used some dried potpourri oranges and berries that I found in the basement. In hindsight, I should have thought about how to decorate my snowman before I built it...perhaps I would have been more creative 😄Maybe next time.

We got ourselves an air fryer. It arrived on Friday. Thanks to our neighbour Paul for the recommendation! I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I plan on doing so this week. Something different.

On the Netflix front, I settled on two new series: Virgin River and How to get away with Murder. Both are very different and very good. Virgin River is less intense that the Murder one so I've been alternating between both depending on my mood. This afternoon will be a Virgin River kind of day.

This coming week will be sunny but colder. Tomorrow, Cooper has a vet appointment for his monthly B12 injection as well as to have his anal gland checked. It seemed to have healed very nicely. Next week, he goes back to the internist for more blood work. He's a busy little fellow. On Wednesday, we will be glued to the TV to watch the Biden/Harris inauguration. It's been a long time coming. We've been watching Biden's various addresses, what a breath of fresh air he is. On Friday, our friend Nathan (from Talemaker Camp) will have major heart surgery. We are sending him and Darlah positive vibes. He will be in our thoughts. 

That's my blog for today. Russell has a couple of good football games to watch. It's that time of year, exciting playoffs. Have a great week everyone. Stay well and healthy!


Admiring our work of art, I think it's a pretty cute snowman


After a final sniff and walk around, they 
approve - job well done and fun!

Here is our happy potpourri faced snowman in
his finest, wearing Russell's hat.

When the snow is wet and heavy...snowshoes to 
the rescue. The pooches need their paths.

Cooper and Spicy enjoyed a little deck time
under the awning while watching me
tamp down the snow.

Good load of snow on the roof.

The little pier at Edgewater Park in Pointe
Claire on Friday.

A bright sunny day makes the frigid water of Lake
St. Louis shimmer...if you look closely you will
see a flock of birds in flight.


1 comment: