Pageviews l

Sunday 6 December 2020

A good start to December

Happy Sunday everyone! We finally saw the sun today after a somewhat cloudy and rainy week. We went for a nice walk before lunch and soaked up the sun, although the wind was brisk by the lake. 

The month of December started off on a good note. On Tuesday, the pooches and I got going with the first day of our Advent Fitness Calendar. What a brilliant idea to do this. The person who came up with the concept is the owner of Fun Fit Canin, right here in Quebec. Her name is Marie-Josee and she is a Certified Canine Fitness Trainer. Although I haven't had the pleasure to meet her in person (yet), I met her via Facetime last April when she put together a fitness program for Cooper and Spicy (thanks Wanda for recommending her). It's been fun to wake up every morning since December 1 to a new exercise. Today is Day 6 and we worked on the shoulders and stretching the neck. Coop & Spicy had to put their front paws flat on my thigh, which was at a 90 degree angle, while stretching their neck upward in order to get the treat. To make it a little harder, Cooper had his back legs on a cushion. It's all about balance! It's so much fun for all of us.

On the 1st of this month, I also started a new on-line fitness program. Since the start of the pandemic, my fitness journey has had its ups and downs. My motivation level just hasn't been the same so getting some meaningful workouts in has been difficult. That's OK as I've learned through this pandemic that we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves. This is not an ordinary year by any stretch. Having said all this, last Monday, by accident, I stumbled across a post that someone made on Instagram (a Food Network chef that I follow). It had to do with this "online fitness boutique" called Obe Fitness, which offers live and on-demand workouts, geared for people of all ages and fitness levels. Long story short, I signed up for a seven day trial and I'm loving it. I can honestly say that I think I may have found the perfect "online gym" for me. It has a library of over 4,000 workouts, from Pilates to Strength to Yoga, etc. Workouts range from as little as 10 minutes to 60. I get to pick and choose what I want to do depending on my mood, what my body can handle, and when I want to do it. It doesn't get any better than this. I feel motivated all over again. My trial ends tomorrow and I plan on signing up for a membership at the low cost of $27/month. It's all good.

Russell is doing good and has been keeping busy refreshing his family tree. While doing so, Russell renewed contact with possibly his 5th cousin, Sandy in Scotland. They became friends on Facebook two weeks ago and they have been exchanging ever since. I include a snapshot of his most recent family tree. Quite fascinating!

Christmas is a little over two weeks away. For sure, it won't be a normal one this year. Our Government has made it official that gatherings will not be allowed this year. We had already decided not to have family over this year. Just too risky. Although there is a vaccine on the way for 2021, the next few months may be the toughest. Better be safe than sorry. Next year will be a better year.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a few photos of our doggies by the Christmas tree. We often catch them just sniffing the tree...perhaps they wonder why there are no gifts under the tree yet? Have a great week everyone. Stay well and safe. 



Spicy and Cooper stretch for it, doing the Fun
Fit Canin Advent Program.

Russell's family tree...on the Duncan side, he has
traced back to 1686.

Spicy lounging by the Christmas
tree, what a present she is.

Cooper wondering when the gifts 
and treats arrive. What a sweet face!


Spicy making sure everything is in
order and well placed.

Cooper and Spicy waiting on the next event
in their lives.


































2 comments:

  1. Don’t your Pooches just fill out your life . I wouldn’t know what to do without my Kona. 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t your Pooches just fill out your life . I wouldn’t know what to do without my Kona. 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete