Pageviews l

Sunday 13 December 2020

Making it work

Happy Sunday everyone! It's another cloudy day for us, truly haven't seen the sun much since the start of the month but it's in the forecast for this week. We got a sprinkle of snow one day last week but it's all gone now. Not sure if we will have a white Christmas. Time will tell.

Today, I had an outside gathering with my brother and sister...by outside I mean in our heated garage with the door open. We're trying to make it work the best we can. Technically, no gatherings are allowed, inside or outside. Having said this, it was important for me to be able to see my siblings in person before Christmas so we decided to tempt fate. We wore a mask and were safely distanced from one another. Gotta do what you gotta do during these COVID times. I never thought that one day I would be sitting in our garage entertaining family! While I was doing that, Russell was busy giving our pooches a bath. They both smell and look delicious. Thanks to my hubby for having taken on that role. He truly excels at it. 

This past week was quiet. I started my holiday baking and I'm almost done. I was able to bake enough to share some with my brother and sister. I had some good workouts with this new online Obe Fitness outfit. I managed to get 12 "classes" in, including some pilates and stretch. My body is still somewhat hurting from it, in a good way, but it will get better as I become more nimble.

Cooper & Spicy are doing well. They seem to enjoy their daily Advent Fitness Calendar exercise. It's so much fun and what a great library of exercises I will have after this is done. Coop has one more weekly B12 injection this coming week then it will be monthly. Both have adapted well to their new food. I had to tweak their portions downward a bit. Their weight was up slightly. It's back down now and it's been stable for two weeks. My friend Angela feeds her two Havanese the same food. She kindly shared with me how much she feeds them and it's been extremely helpful to us.

I find it hard to believe that Christmas is less than two weeks away. So different this year but I'm very hopeful that next year will be much better. Our province may (will) introduce more restrictions during the holiday period. More on that in a day or two. It won't change a thing for us. 

Last week, Russell put together our Family calendar for 2021. We started this tradition years ago when we only had Cooper. Each month has a special photo of our pooches. It's quite nice and we use it to keep track of our busy social life 😊

Those are my little news for today. One more blog before the big day! Have a great week everyone. Stay safe and well!


Our display of Christmas cards continues to
grow - it is nice that the tradition of sending
cards is sustained by a number of our friends.  


Spicy and Cooper in their 
"spots" - is it Christmas yet?


Our annual Family calendar for 2021.

These BFFs gladly watch me sweat it out during
my morning workout - happy puppies!

No comments:

Post a Comment