Pageviews l

Sunday 29 November 2020

Snow, rain, sun...a little bit of everything

Happy Sunday to all! The last Sunday of November and a pretty mild one too. It's overcast now but we had beautiful sunshine earlier on. We didn't have much sun last week. On Wednesday, we got about 8 cm of wet snow, then it rained and the snow is now all gone. 

This past week was good. Our deck railing got installed. We are so pleased with it. It gives us a better view of the backyard and makes our deck look much bigger. Cooper and Spicy were a little confused at first....they sniffed it then thought it looked pretty nice. It also gives them an obstructed view of their yard.

On Thursday, I decided it was time to put up our Christmas tree. This year, we are only doing the one in the living room. I will post photos next week. It looks quite nice. 

Cooper and Spicy are doing well. They have adjusted to their new low fat diet and seem to like it. It took a bit of serious calculations to figure out the right amount to feed. I was in touch with our vet clinic a few times and we got it all figured out, I think. We may have to tweak their portions depending on whether they lose or gain weight. I will continue to do weekly weigh-ins and monitor this very closely. I have to admit, I lost a bit of sleep over this....I'm very rigid when it comes to calories and weight, for humans and canine LOL!

On Friday, Cooper had his first B-12 injection, weekly for 4 weeks, then monthly for probably 6 months. Our Coop seems to be reacting well to his gallbladder medication and we have noticed a difference in his output. I won't give you the specifics but suffice to say that we think it's working. Good news for the Coop and us!

I haven't done any Christmas baking yet. I won't do nearly as much as in the past years though. Tomorrow, I will take a look at my "holiday baking folder" and figure out what to do. This will not be an ordinary Christmas for us, and for most people I suspect, but we will do our best to make it as festive as possible.

I signed up for the Advent Calendar - 24 days of dog fitness, with Fit Fun Canin. It starts on December 1. Daily, for 24 days, I will get a new exercise for our pooches, no equipment required. I look forward to it. 

That's it for this last blog of November. I wish you all a wonderful week. Stay well and safe!


Cooper and Spicy inspecting the new glass railing
on the deck...they approve!


The awning and railing are now installed, clear, 
weather protected views on the deck now.

The deck with the original railings, it
served it purpose.

First snow and Cooper and Spicy want to play

Same backyard a few days post snow...these two
adapt well and love the grass.

Cooper says, hello there...what you doing?


Spicy in her "on alert" position...you looking
at me?

No comments:

Post a Comment